BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Connecting flight from San Juan to US
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Connecting flight from San Juan to US
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Goodwin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, June 9, 2007 - 3:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of our flight options from San Juan to LAX only gives us 1 hour and 15 minutes between flights. Is this enough time to go through immigration and customs? This will be in October.
Thanks,
Al

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #742) on Saturday, June 9, 2007 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is probably "do-able" but if you leave Bonaire even a little late you still have to make the long walk to Customs and Immigration, clear Immigration, wait for your luggage, clear Customs, re-check your luggage, go through security again then get to the gate for your next flight. Might make for some nervous moments ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2080) on Saturday, June 9, 2007 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, that's tight...

when flying thru SJ i pick the 12:00pm vs the 10:00am flight out of san juan...

good luck:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By j alvarez (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, June 9, 2007 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just got back Fri. and only had an hour and a half difference in flights and got through customs/checked in luggage/thru security in just 30 min. Flew AA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RosAnne needs a vacation (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1478) on Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did it in April with 4 of us, it was tight though, by the time we got to our gate (AA) they had started boarding already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roch Miller (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, Has anyone tried to arrive SJU at 8:05am from Nevis and then connected on a flight leaving SJU at 9:00am ? This would be with first class seats at risk on the flight leaving SJU at 9:00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thorpe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #164) on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 8:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi
I've been on the San Juan to Lax flight that lands in L A at 5 pm and yes it was very doable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By cory (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

from what ive read its a risk, i wasnt willing to risk my first class upgrades, i forgoe the nonstop to lax for a trip through MIA, its 2 hours longer but hey, ill drink more champagne!
the airline says its "a legal connection" and if you get stuck they will put you up for the night...do you feel lucky? ><((((º>
.><((((º>`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration