BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Carrying booze to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Carrying booze to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Westman (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be coming to Bonaire soon and want to re-stock our friends boat where we will be staying. Anyone know what the limit is for the amount of liquor we can carry with us when arriving in Bonaire. It is cheaper where we live but I don't want it confiscated by Customs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #458) on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 9:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Early this month through Puerto Rico and via American Eagle the limit was 2 bottles per person. I do not know if this is strictly enforced. The duty free shop did want to see a boarding pass to someplace off island. The bottles were put in a nylon bag with a plastic custom seal attached. You then had to take it aboard as carry-on. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #254) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 3:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Booze is pretty reasonable in Bonaire and our experience tell us it is not worth the effort to bring it from the States. Also, you cannot take bottles aboard as carry-ons in the States. We have found packing them in our checked luggage invites thievery and adds unnecessary weight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer A. Rose (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 5:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and bought some rum at the Duty free shop in PR on our way to Bonaire. It was way cheaper than anything I have seen in the states and Bonaire (less than 1/2 the normal price for Bacardi). We only bought 1 bottle but I believe the limit is 2 bottles per person. I thought it was worth it to buy in the duty free shop but probably would not be worth bringing it all the way from a store in the U.S. Hope that helps!

Jenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Westman (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 8:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone. We are coming from St Thomas where the booze is VERY cheap. What I found on one of the web sites is that the limit is two liters of alcohol and two liters of wine per person. So we will stay under that number. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward & Nydia Thielman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Official limits: Wine is 2 ltrs per person. Rum, Vodka, Gin, etc. is 1 ltr. per person.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration