BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Jamaica Layover
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Jamaica Layover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Zador (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 7:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know this has probably been discussed, but I am new. What do you do during the long layover in Jamaica when flying Air Jamaica to Miami?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2680) on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What fun...The airport is great. You can shop for spices, coffees, hot sauces. Shop for books in the cool bookstore if you are into Caribbean Lit. Eat at Margaritaville. If it's early have saltfish and ackee, a local dish. Otherwise stick to jerk chicken. If your layover is long why not get a day room at a local hotel? Coyaba is not far. Sunspree HI would be tolerable for a day room only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ayorkiemom (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #234) on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great airport with lots of shops downstairs. We rarely have LONG layovers in MB as it seems lately AJ has very tight connections at least for us over the last 7 years :-) We fly first class and definately spend time in their FC lounge; free food and drinks makes it a nice place to chill and even nap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue from NJ (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #584) on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 10:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

stay away from the beef patties - i was in misery for weeks after eating them in 2005

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Zador (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you for all the information. Airfares are all over the place. One minute it is cheaper from Orlando next minute Miami. Now may have layover on San Juan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Zador (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I ended up with a 19 hour stay in Kingston. Any tips, ideas, etc. would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5925) on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bob, how did you end up in Kingston and not Montego Bay? cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Zador (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just luck I guess. Bonaire to Montego Bay (1-1/2 hr layover), Montego bay to Kingston (19-1/2 hr layover) then back to Miami the next day. Total time to fly 1400 miles 25 hrs. You got to love it. The price was right and after diving in Bonaire, who cares even if you get home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5927) on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 1:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's the positive way to look at it, Bob! Never been to KIngston, myself, so I can't give you any tips for your layover there. I'm certain someone will jump back into this thread and give you some tips. Have a great trip! cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy Young (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Monday, May 7, 2007 - 2:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone had an AJ airline ticket without an assigned seat number? Any problems in getting a seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #893) on Monday, May 7, 2007 - 3:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy, if you get a ticket without a seat assignment call them up and get your seats assigned! We will be there in a few days(with assigned seats). I have already bought our Oct tickets from Priceline.com and the first thing I did was call AJ and got assigned seats. AJ dosen't overbook, but you have some power with assignments... Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ayorkiemom (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #320) on Monday, May 7, 2007 - 5:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy,
Did you buy through a travel agent? My agent always gets our seat assignments and it's on my itenerary, etc. We fly first class and always ask for row 2 or 3 not row 1 :-)

Just curious as they can have more pull then you or I on the phone. If you did then have them call and get assignments. I have never had problems with getting assignments and don't quite understand the comment AJ gave you on the phone in your email to me. I will also respond back to you privately, shortly :-)

Kobi
GO HOKIES :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration