BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Dutch Caribbean Airlines
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Dutch Caribbean Airlines
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Hawkins-Vista Travel Agency, Inc. on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was making reservations for a customer today and noticed what appears to be a new airline, Dutch Caribbean Airlines, flying from Curacao to Bonaire on a daily basis. Does anyone know anything about this airline? Is it a subsidiary of ALM. If so, what is it's financial backing?

I'd appreciate a response from someone if they know anything about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert,

DCA/DCE is ALM in different clothes. Or, as the local press on Bonaire says "ALM under a different name". As such its financial backing is pretty much non-existent, but it is flying due to the graces of Curacao politics, for the time being...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 6:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert, FYI there is also a new ferry service from Curacao to Bonaire, that seems to be pretty good for those who can easily get to Curacao. This is what I'd use if I could get to Curacao by any other means, rather than having to use DCA/DCE. You can get details from posts on this newsgroup: do a keyword search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Lowe on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 4:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are doing a combined Curacao/Boanaire holiday flying via Schipol. Our agent couldnt book the ferry so they got the resort to go and get the tickets for us from the ferry terminal. hopefullly this will not be a problem once the ferry becomes established.

Thanks Habitat see you Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Porter on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 7:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We visited Curacao and tried to come back on the ferry. We were told to be at the dock 2 hours early. We opted for the Divi Divi plane which flys 4 times daily. We called for a reservation and were told to be at the airport 1/2 hour before departure. They were able to deal with our dive gear. It was painless. I can't seem to find the number but I am sure any of the resorts can contact them for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 8:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

divi divi has a web site www.baibini.com e mail is helpdesk@baibini.com Their phone is 599 9 888 1050 or cell 599 9 563 1913. They also have a desk on the concourse at Hato airport. In Bonaire, they have someone who is located at the restaurant who handles the Bonaire Bookings.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration