BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Baggage Limits on DAE?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Baggage Limits on DAE?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosemarie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Tuesday, April 3, 2007 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,
We are planning our next trip to Bonaire but will be flying using Dutch Antilles Air. We read the weight limits but is there a limit of the number checked luggage? One piece will be our dive equipment and another will have clothes. So there will be 4 pieces checked with us having to pay for the weight on the extra 2, am I correct?

Anyone with any experience with DAE and 2 or more pieces of checked luggage? Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2851) on Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - 3:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew with DAE from BON to CUR in January, they allow one 20 kilo(44lbs)checked bag per passenger and a 10 (22lbs) kilo carry on with maximum dimensions L55/W25/H35 cm.

Excess is $2 per kilo (2.2lbs). I am not sure if I was unlucky but it took 30 minutes to pay for the excess baggage as they were very busy, so allow some extra time for check in. Other than that our flight was on time and hassle free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIVER DEBBI (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #502) on Wednesday, April 4, 2007 - 5:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we flew DAE from Aruba to Bonaire in March..I was able to check TWO ..2 bags that had a total weight of 44lbs..my dive gear in a 22" roll on weighed 30 lbs and then I took another duffle style bag for my clothes and some food that amounted to 14 lbs...then I stuck my heavy regulator and tank weight , .a pair of shorts and bathing suit in a backpack that I kept to 10 lbs as my carry-on, but they did not weigh that...you really have to minimize on these smaller planes..but in all reality for Bonaire all you need are several bathing suits, t-shirts and some shorts... and don't forget the stupid 3-1-1- zip lock sandwichbag for security checkpoints !

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration