BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Puerto Rico Switcheroo
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2007-01-01 to 2007-09-30: Puerto Rico Switcheroo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #325) on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 5:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,

On my way down from Newark, I take Continental to San Juan and AE to Bon.

Does anyone know if they are in different terminals and the logistics to get from one to the other? I only have a carry on.

Thanks much
C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By henk wallace donaldson (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 6:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carl,
American has it's own terminal.
All other airlines are relegated to 2 other wings.
You will have a nice walk from Continental to AE which is on the lower level; then AE busses you out to the ATRs.
With only a carry on it will be a nice stroll.
Henk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech/Bonaire Insider (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6072) on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carl,

Coming down you should be able to stay behind security the whole time there's a walkway between terminals.

Going back up will probably be a hassle. I am heading north with the kids next week and switching to US Air in San Juan. We're going without check in bags because it would be a really tight connect if AE is slow as usual with bags, never mind having to go and check the bags in at the US Air counter (or Continental's counter in your case).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #326) on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 5:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks guys, I usually take AA and AE to avoid this, but to utilize my points for the free flight, I had no choice this time. Thanks for the advice.

C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Hartnett (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Going back IS a hassle but problems can be alleviated quickly if you get your continental boarding pass in bonaire (which you should if the tickets are interlined).

I did AE - Bonaire to San Juan and then US Airways- San Juan to Boston in January.

After claiming any checked bags and passing through customs, I followed the signs for US Airways connecting passengers. However, there was no one there to retake the bags and was told that they do not show up until 12:00. It was about 10:00-10:30 AM by this time and had to board the US Airways Boston flight by 12:30. I exited the recheck area and went to US Airways check-in area. The greeter agent allowed me, since i already was issued my boarding pass in bonaire, to go in the MUCH shorter first class line. The same should apply for continental, especially due to the fact they have a better reputation for customer service.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration