BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: First timers
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: First timers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marty roddy on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are a family with three kids, ages 13-8 and are very interested in going to Bonaire. However, the problem of getting there has us confused. From reading these messages, we take it that ALM is out. Does anybody have info on the ferry from Curacao? Any other suggstions to keep our cost down? We can leave out of Montreal, Albany, Boston- northeast US. We plan to go the two weeks after Easter- March 30th - April 13th or so. Seems like that is still high season? Thanks for any help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 10:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

air jamaica flies from boston to bonaire (via montego bay jamaica). Try their web site (www.airjamaica.com). They only leave from boston on sat. and sun. I've had good luck using Caradonna Tours for packages (hotel/air)..(800)328-2288. I did see on the divi flamingo home page (www.divibonaire.com) that their rates drop after apr. 13.
hope this helps... oh yea... don't forget to ask Jake if he needs anything from new england :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Monday, November 5, 2001 - 11:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Also look into AA from Boston. You might have options via Aruba and/or San Juan. If you're travelling over Easter book early as a lot of people travel over the school break.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Tuesday, November 6, 2001 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And yes, high season technically ends April 15th.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mari on Wednesday, November 7, 2001 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Marty - We booked our family (kids 11 & 13) vacation through the American Airlines Vacation website. Boston to San Juan, then AA Eagle to Bonaire. The rates were excellent (I booked the hotel as part of the package), and I have had other good experiences booking travel through this site. Good luck!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration