BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: No More GWV from Boston
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: No More GWV from Boston
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

GWV confirmed they will NOT offer charter service to Bonaire due to lack of interest.

:(

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie,
Do you know if they have dropped Bonaire entirely or just the charter? They use to do scheduled air packages as well as charter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gina at GWV said NO MORE anything to Bonaire. A friend from CA said no more charter from Canada either...

:)

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 1:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Too bad. My mom liked the non-stop, direct route. Althought AA and AJ work well out of Boston now. I'll have to update the InfoBonaire listing again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol at Buddy Dive on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last year the charter was a shared flight,usually stopping first in Bonaire and then going on to Aruba. It is also my understanding that there were generally more Aruba than Bonaire passangers on board. So it seems likley that Aruba's recent (and very significant) decline in tourism weighed heavily in GWV's decision to cancel the flights. It is a sad loss for both islands.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration