BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Group Ticketing
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Group Ticketing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would like to know of groups going to Bonaire so that perhaps others can tag along at the cheaper fares.
I would be willing to help coordinate groups or individuals who want to be part of a group inorder to get a group rate.
If there is an interest let me know. I would think we would start with sometime next year. For example we could form a group which would leave from Miami the first week of every month being in March or April. Phil Denton

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 9:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I suggest you contact our legitimate tour operators at http://www.infobonaire.com/html/touroperators.html who will be happy to make arrangements for groups and have contracts already in place with airlines and hotels/resorts. The generally are easy to work with and are insured and have dealt with the airlines and can guarantee that clients get what they pay for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Having arranged dive and ski groups in the past Phil, I can tell you that having a tour operator do it simplifies things, but of course it may cost a little more in some cases. One thing that tour operators commonly do for groups is to give free travel for one person for every 20, 15, 10, whatever, paid people. Generally for groups I had set up in the past, we split this savings with everyone to help keep the price down.

However, it would be interesting to see what could be done direct with the airline these days for groups as well, just for a comparison if nothing else, although I suspect tour operators, because of the volume they do and the bulk contracts many of them offer, will be able to put together a better package.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol at Buddy Dive on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Phil! I think if you contact some of your local dive shops, you will find many have already scheduled trips to Bonaire for 2002, should you wish to join an existing group. Buddy Dive gets groups in from Florida on a regular basis, and I am sure the other resorts do as well. Another great resource available to you is the Florida Scuba News, which can be visited on line at http://www.scubanews.com It can give you a list of dive clubs and dive shops in FLorida.

If you are thinking of organizing your own group trip, I would recommend you do so through one of the tour operators that specialize in Bonaire. They can generally get you a much better price on airfare than by your going direct.

We as a property also have the tour operators offer a group discount to dive shops, Dive Clubs or Dive Associations. In our case it is one complimentary stay for every 10 paid persons.

Hope this helps!

Carol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton on Wednesday, October 24, 2001 - 12:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the great info. I am not wanting to re-invent any wheels. Certainly others can benefit from y'alls insights and expertise.
We recently acquired a bungalow on Bonaire and are interested in the most affordable options in returning frequently.
Also appreciate the direct email recieved and would be happy to share numbers I have recieved, Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 12:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

American Airlines is offering $427.00 from New Orleans to Bonaire on M,TU,W,TH traveling until March 02'. Pretty good price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Denton on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 6:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks.If anyone hears of a good deal let's hear about it. Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TB Gardner on Thursday, October 25, 2001 - 12:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Phil: Check www.aa.com I found pricing yesterday from Boston for $400 pp

Also consider contacting a charter company that service Bonaire. They may be able to help you

good luck

Beau Gardner
www.ErgoOutfitters.com

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration