BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Getting there from Canada
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Getting there from Canada
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Monday, September 24, 2001 - 7:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My friends are going down in Jan. and want to invite their Canadian friends..who has service there? I know, I should look this up but am lazy here with sniffly nose and a fever..off to bed

Annie
Cape Cod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DeMoine and Joyce Findlay on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Canada 3000 from Toronto - non-stop to Bonaire was the most economical last winter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 7:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, Canada3000 informed me yesterday that they aren't flying to Bonaire this year. We've used them several times, and it worked wondrfully for us in Rochester, NY (3-1/2 hours from Toronto), so we're bummed. Canada3000 does fly to Ft. Lauderdale, JFK, Newark and maybe Atlanta, so they may be able to make a connection using Canada3000 to get to a US gateway city. Good luck to them. We're still trying to figure out how to get down there in Feb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor on Saturday, October 6, 2001 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie...you should have just stayed here last time you visited! Check with AA and see if they can do something via Aruba or San Juan connecting with AE. It looks like there will be lots of incentive for them to put toghether some great Caribbean Packages. I know that the island will be doing lots to encourage them to do some promoting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Saturday, October 6, 2001 - 5:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, you are SO right, I just don't think Alan would have liked that idea!!

Got some hints of good fares via JFK on AA and AJ, although last night what I saw on the AA website wasn't so hot. Looking at 1/23-2/20, it showed San Juan to Curacao and then on ALM CUR-BON. Return was direct BON-San Juan. American has just announced they cancelled their Rochester-JFK AE schedule, but we still have JetBlue, and the American schedule at least doesn't require an overnight each way for us, which AJ does.

I'll see what Travelocity is showing, as Jan Klos said they had emailed about special fares JFK-BON through March.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Saturday, October 20, 2001 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

Look for a routing that goes something like JFK-AUA-BON or JFK-SJU-BON - skip Curacao entirely!

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Saturday, October 20, 2001 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

Just looked at your 10.6. The SJU-BON only shows if you pick a day that they fly the route--don't believe they fly down on Sunday. Otherwise what you got. You did make reservations after all didn't you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Saturday, October 20, 2001 - 7:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Glen, I'm all booked --- ROC/CHI/SJ/BON. Not the greatest routing, but it was the only one AA could offer that got us there in one day. And, with the schedules the way they are a-changing, I wanted to be on AA the whole way. Our fare is $462, which is WAY lower than anything I've seen before from Rochester (or even Toronto).

I'm going for a WHOLE MONTH, but Alan is coming home early because he doesn't want to miss more than two weeks of his table tennis league (he's a VERY sick puppy who'd sooner play table tennis than be in Bonaire!) So, he leaves, I'll stay and dive. I probably won't be doing a whole lot of diving while he's there as he only snorkels. I will be looking for dive buddies 2/20 - 3/4 though. Can't wait!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration