BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM/Dutch Caribb Please Help....
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: ALM/Dutch Caribb Please Help....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas R. Gastio on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just received a new itinerary from my travel agent. My flight from Curacao and Return were changed. They tell me that I am now flying Dutch Caribbean instead of ALM. What has happened to ALM anyone out there that can enlighten me please help. Especially Michael on anyone else on the island.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are still basically flying with the same people.

ALM has been in financial difficulty. Curacao created Dutch Caribbean Express. The transition between companies is suppose to be relatively transparent to customers. ALM stops and DCE immediately takes over with the same flights, etc.

There is a whole bunch of politics involved which has been going on for quite a while but that should not affect you at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas R. Gastio on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have been watching the stuff that has been going on with the ALM/Dutch Caribben Express, but my travel agent tells me that my flights are changed because they are not flying as many flights a day now......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan markus on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just got word from my travel agent that the Miami/Curacao flight does not connect to Bonaire so we have to stay overnite. Not good news for the new folks at DCA as they will lose a lot of business to American Airlines via Aruba with this new schedule.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 6:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry - but there is no "new folks at DCA" - same planes, same staff (perhaps finally a few less) and perhaps (very little hope) the direct competition brings some better performance. And as they intend to fly only 4 times a day Curacao - Bonaire it is more than lucky that there is also the little DiviDivi (7seater Cessna) and AE... its no fun to live here and you want to leave the island and no flights are available even if you try to book weeks in advance. 6 hours to go to Aruba for $ 265 - with AE now its $165 - I just hope that one day AE will also make the connection to Caracas - for that 30 minutes flight it is no exception if one needs 9 hours or more - price with ALM $ 290 !!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Ierley on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 7:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am suppose to be flying ALM on Saturday from Miami to Bonaire. I did confirm my flight on Monday and they said it was flying. Should I still be worried about my flight on saturday?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Paugoulatos on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 1:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd worry about any flights on ALM until I'm off the ground and in the air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Saturday, October 20, 2001 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

...and have landed at my destination too :-)

Jake

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration