BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Rochester, NY to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Rochester, NY to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 7:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've been hoping to use Canada3000 from Toronto to Bonaire, but they told me yesterday that they are definitely do doing that route this year, so we've started to look at alternative ways to get to our favorite island in February.

Anybody have any specific information on what might be available in February? Rochester is a b...tch of a place to get anywhere to, and we may have to consider an overnight in a gateway city. I'm not real thrilled at the AA/AE alternative with a non-jet San Juan-BON, but it may be the easiest trip for us.

We'd be interested in at least two weeks, hopefully longer.

Would welcome any insight/info/suggestions. Thanks.
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 9:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just read in the Amigoe (Dutch language evening news paper of the Antilles) that it is still on that American Eagle is doing the flights Aruba-Bonaire. Perhaps you can find a good flight into Aruba? From there it is only about 30 minutes to Bonaire. Looks like these flight are already in the computers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Saturday, October 6, 2001 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie and all,

Travelocity today sent me an alert on new, lower AA and other fares to BON from JFK for flights before Mar 2002. Might have lower, better, affordable for ROC-BON also. JFK only $343 RT. Very tempting!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos on Saturday, October 6, 2001 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And from Boston from $379 RT-- on Air Jamaica and AA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve and Sandy Oliver on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie,

The AE flight from San Juan to Bonaire is not bad at all. While it's an ATR turbo-prop, it's fairly large, holding about 65-70 passengers. It was actually a pleasant flight, and a welcome alternative to our original 8+hour layover in Curacao (due to ALM cancellation).

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 10:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Steve. That definitely looks like our best bet. Now, all I have to do is confirm our room at Bonaire Town Homes, get Alan to decide how many weeks he can stand being away from Rochester in February (for me, I'd like to be gone all eight weeks that February seems to be here), then I'll book the tickets.

I've always booked through a travel agent (except for the ONE time I used Expedia, and found out when I called to conform late the day before we were scheduled to leave London for Faro that our tickets "had been cancelled" for the flight out (not the return, though!). Anyway, I did have the tickets, and BA had two seats left, so it worked out, but I'm leery of Expedia now.

The American website seems to have the best fares (compared to Expedia, Travelocity and SideStepfor the same flights), so I was thinking of just booking online there. I'll have to book with American for JFK-SJ-BON, then separately with Jet Blue to get us Rochester-JFK. It seems none of the other sites know that JetBlue exists.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration