BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Toronto to Bonaire?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Toronto to Bonaire?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me if flights are available from Toronto, Ontario, Canada to Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, April 27, 2000 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Canada 3000 offers a charter flight from Toronto to Bonaire. I don't now the schedule but you can check at their web site. http://www.canada3000.ca/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 9:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe Canada3000 finished flights to Bonaire for the season in April. They only fly to the Caribbean in the winter, in the summer they go to Europe (as well as an extensive year-round schedule within Canada).
This last season, they started flying to Bonaire about December 21, and the website didn't list the flights until well into the winter. Check with the phone number on the website for information. We used them last year, and have also used them frequently to fly to England. They fill up early, but generally have much better rates than we can find from Rochester, NY, so it's well worth the 3-1/2 hour drive to Toronto.
Last year the flight was also direct to Curacao from Toronto, then a hop over to Bonaire (unfortunately a long stopover in Curacao). I believe this year they actually flew direct to Bonaire, which must have been very nice. They only flew on Mondays, and you could only book either for one or two weeks.
We couldn't use them this year because we were blessed with being able to spend four weeks there. They are definitely worth checking out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl A. Roberts on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think you are right Josie. I am an Air Traffic Controller in Atlanta and I have worked Canada3000 (they go by a different name in the air but I can't remember it right now) through Atlanta Center's airspace. One day a while back, while it was slow, I asked the pilot about the flights. I am always looking for ways to get down there! The pilots had accents that I couldn't place so I asked them where they were from and he said they were a Canadian charter flight. He told me that the flights would be stopping in April. Even Delta has stopped their daily service out of ATL to Aruba and now just does it on the weekends. Now I hear that ALM is dropping Atlanta....what a shame! It appears that LOW SEASON is upon the ABC's.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration