BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: ALM - Bonaire direct to Miami flights suspended?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: ALM - Bonaire direct to Miami flights suspended?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Wednesday, September 19, 2001 - 4:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From today's The Daily Herald (http://www.thedailyherald.com):

----------------------------
ALM Miami Flights No Longer Via Haiti

WILLEMSTAD—The extra security measures imposed on all airlines flying to the US following last week’s terrorist attacks, have prompted Air ALM to stop flying to Miami via Haiti and Bonaire.

The airline has done what it can to make sure all the new safety regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration are in place at the Curaçao airport, to maintain its two daily flights to Miami.

However, it cannot yet guarantee the same for Haiti and Bonaire, where the screening has been giving some problems. ALM is working with officials of both airports to have all precautions in place as soon as possible, so that the stops can be made again.

The airline, already financially strapped, has suffered considerable losses as a result of theattacks, also because extra man-hours had to be
used to transport stranded passengers once US airports reopened.

----------------

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Tuesday, September 25, 2001 - 6:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am scheduled to be on a direct flight Sat Oct 6th and they have not cancelled/re-routed via CUR yet. I have been in regular contact with them regarding luggage transport issues. Be advised of the current restrictions regarding baggage allocation: We have to inform you that due new security rules we will only accept the free baggage allowance.
- As checked baggage, one piece weighing up to 70lbs not exceeding 62 inches.
- A second piece weighing up to 70 lbs not exceeding 55 inches.
- Third piece carry-on baggage weighing not more that 20 lbs. Maximum dimensions: 8x14x20.
For the bike is only one allowed per person for 25USD (one way).
You need to check in the windsurfing board by our aero cargo. For information please contact our aero cargo department at 305 462 0799.

Regards,
Miss. Joyce Gustina,Reservation officer
ALM 1997 Airline N.V. (Air ALM)
P.O. Box 3016
Curacao Netherlands Antilles
Tel: (+599 9) 8695 533
Fax:(+599 9) 8338 175
E-mail: reservations@airalm.net
E-mail: gustinaj@airalm.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dara Walter on Thursday, September 27, 2001 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Things have returned to "normal".

The current status of allowable luggage transport:
Dear Dara Walter,

I do apologized for all inconvenience this have cause you. I have double check with my manager and the latest news is that finally everything is back to normal.
The first extra piece 35 USD.
Second piece 50USD.
Third piece 90USD.
The other piece's must be send by cargo.
For more information please feel free to contact me again.

Regards,
Miss. Joyce Gustina
Reservation officer

For those wanting to ship anything cargo, the drop off is outside the terminal. There is information on pricing and dimensions in the ALM website.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration