BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AMERICAN AIRLINES PACKAGE DEALS
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: AMERICAN AIRLINES PACKAGE DEALS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Liz Ginocchio on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just heard that American Airlines has been looking around to create some great dive packages, including private homes, condos, townhouses, not just resorts...Kind of going on the "Intimate Stays" way! This is in no way meant to be a "commercial" for American Airlines, we usually fly Air Jamaica...Just thought it was different because most packages are at resorts, and don't offer airfare accompanied with private homes, etc! Neat huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A link, please, Liz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another American Airlines question...
Does anyone have information about AA/American Eagle through San Juan? I try to use advantage miles going from Dallas to Bonaire.. In the past I have been able to use the miles to get from DFW/MIA/CUR.. then ALM via CUR to BON. It involves an overnight at MIA airport (unless I want to be airborne out of Dallas at 6AM!!!) I have seen that American Eagle is now providing service from San Juan. I see in www.oag.com that there is an American Eagle flight at 6:12PM/8:22PM from San Juan SAturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Has anyone tried this route? This may be an alternative to ALM, but need to know about service, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jan, I've done five flights on AA/AE through San Juan (2.5 round trips, to be 3 tomorrow).

Three of those have been to or from Miami, one from Boston, and one to Baltimore (where I'm flying back to Bonaire from tomorrow morning). Other than the problem we had posted earlier about the folks in San Juan not coping well with a delay and rerouting to Bonaire (we've sent AA a letter explaining this problem - no response yet), things have been dandy. BTW, it's 35000 FF miles for a Bonaire/US R/T ticket in coach, or 60000 for a first class (but only on the San Juan/US legs - plane to/from Bonaire/SJU doesn't have anything other than a very cozy coach class.

In terms of days of the week, we've done them all. Friday->BON, Sat<-BON flights start next week, by the way, so there will be a 4x weekly frequency then.

And in my very biased opinion considering what's been going on with ALM, avoid them as best you can.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 7:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jan,

My family and I have used the AA/AE service from CT and MA a number of times. No problems. Others have had difficulties, apparently at about the level of frequency and difficulty as any US airline; most of the problems seemed to occur stateside, actually. See the AA threads under 'Getting to Bonaire' in the Topics list here. I will use them next time myself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jan.

This morning aa.com is showing one-stop (SJU) down and back flights DFW-BON for $752.60.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier on Saturday, September 1, 2001 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the input friends. Now comes the difficult part...getting the time to go before next July. It's gray and raining in Dallas right now,,,,,,and I'm in serious need of sunshine and ocean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Springer on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 3:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jan,

My son & I flew from BON to DFW via SJU back in July. The ~6:00am departure from BON is a killer. We arrived at the BON airport about 4:30am to check in. We saw some people check in after 5:00am but they were taking a chance if the flight would have been full. You'll clear customs in SJU. We had to walk the entire length of the terminal building from our arrival gate to customs. You rent a baggage cart in customs for $2.00. Put your bags on the transfer belt just outside of customs. If you have an oversize bag (like an ice chest) it goes on a different transfer belt. Then you have to clear security again. I've gone the DFW/MIA/CUR-AA BON-LM route in the past. There were two DFW/MIA flights that we could take to make the MIA/CUR connection. We have always chosen to take the earlier flight so we would have a possible backup if something happened. We're planning to go in June - enroute hurricanes unlikely.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan on Sunday, September 2, 2001 - 4:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just used Air Ja this week. It was great. The staff in BOS, Mo Bay and BON were great. The aircraft was small and rather dirty but ok. I do not eat plane food so cannot comment. Free drinks (Try the Ting..my fav from the days of living in the islands) and free movies.

I checked in at BON at 8 AM and sailed til 2:00, got to the airport at 2:45 and boarded the flight at 3...YIKES..it was cake..the flight was an hour late leaving BON so we sat on the plane ..I slept and they served cold drinks. Very accommodating.

Annie
Cape Cod

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration