BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Divi Divi Baggage restrictions
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Divi Divi Baggage restrictions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #114) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be using Divi Divi Air for the first time as our inter-island connector. Are there any baggage restrictions besides weight, ie size? Thanks for the advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Loo Hoo WWNMT2 (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15640) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 5:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tish, didn't you just come back on Divi Divi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #454) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i think tish or jake would be able to answer this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #531) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 9:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, I just took Divi Divi, but I know nothing about their rules. Had no problems.
I know several divers who routinely bring two heavy bags plus so-called carry ons (which must be gate checked) without incident.
Since one of my bags was missing, I'm not the best authority on this.
But other passengers had multiple heavy, large bags.
I think when Divi Divi cannot carry all the bags, they just bring the extras on subsequent trips.
I love Divi Divi!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #388) on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

George,
We used Divi Divi yesterday. No weight restrictions. They do have limited space. We had 2 hand carry ons, 2 roll ons, 2 medium bags and 1 large bag. If they do not have the space for all your luggage they will bring it on the next flight.
I loved sitting next to the pilot for the flight between the 2 islands.
Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #532) on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 10:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I sat next to the pilot too, Yana. Great view!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3583) on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 12:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh no, Yana... that can only mean one thing! That you are home now! I'm so sorry.... [insert sobbing here]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #115) on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 6:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the information. I hope I draw the lucky straw to sit next to the pilot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #389) on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly,
I am sobbing. Work to catch up on and NO warm water and sun...I have such a hard life!

We delivered your and Jake's items to MH this past Sunday. We did not get to meet Elvison, he was out playing basketball. BTW, they are down to 8 boys and they have a new Boy who needs a sponsor.

I got to briefly say hi/goodbye to Kitty and Jake as we were leaving....Kitty came in on Divi Divi and Jake was picking her up from the airport.

George,
Increase your chances by requesting to sit next to the pilot when you check in at the Curacao airport. Since Craig is a Pilot all of our bags have "CREW" or "Flight Safety" name tags. The pilot flying the inter island aircraft wanted to talk "aviation" so he singled us out.

Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lonnie hoover (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #103) on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi Divi is great. They will do everything possible to carry all your baggage. On the rare occasions when they simply run out of room, your bag gets priority on the next flight. I have used them a couple of dozen times, and so far, they have managed to haul all of my baggage. They really do an exceptional job.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration