BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Getting there really early
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Getting there really early
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WHUDS (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 6:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi I will be there at the airport at 4:30am on the 2nd. Is there any cafe at the airport? Anything I can do? Oh and is the Bonaire Inn far from the airport?

Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wulfken (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Saturday, December 10, 2005 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Inn is about one mile straight line from the Flamingo Airport, a little more as the roads require. Check out this link http://www.friarsinn.com/abouttheinn.html to find their location including a small map. If you're renting a vehicle at the airport ask for a map and directions. Enjoy your trip!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #523) on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, there is a cafe. Try the goat stew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #448) on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 8:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

tish, i love goat stew but i'm not sure that even i'd be ready for it at 430AM...lots of coffee, yes. goat stew....hmmm...let me think about that one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3571) on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 9:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pat, lol, you took the goat stew -- er, words --right from my mouth.

However, I have had excellent warm croissants in the airport departure lounge. Like, good enough to make your mouth water good. (remember those, Cynde??)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WHUDS (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 6:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yea Goat stew at 430am? Give me coffee! Oh is it fresh brewed? Only dried instant mostly here!
You get used to it but hey it's not Starbucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #527) on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 6:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had coffee there at 7:30 yesterday morning, and it certainly tasted like brewed coffee.
I prefer to make Indian meals for breakfast myself but the airport cafe doesn't serve that. Don't think they serve goat stew for breakfast either, but there or elsewhere you must try the wonderful local food while you're here, Bill. Come to Gibi's on Tuesday night and you will have some great choices.

(Message edited by tish on December 12, 2005)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration