BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Mid-Week Travel
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Mid-Week Travel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Freeland on Wednesday, March 29, 2000 - 11:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have read numerous tales of woe re: travel (see airline) hassles getting to Bonaire. My wife and I will be traveling to Bonaire late April and will be arriving on a Wednesday and departing the following Wednesday. Will we encounter fewer problems by missing any weekend rush or is this just wishfull thinking. I beleive we are catching ALM (or is it KLM) out of Miami.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Wednesday, March 29, 2000 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew ALM midweek about three years ago. The flights were pretty full but we had no problems with ALM. Of course we have been lucky enough to have had no problems with ALM at all.
Our horror story was with Air Aruba under the old management.
Clay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anne Ferguson on Wednesday, March 29, 2000 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just came back ALM Curacao to Miami on a Tuesday. No problem at all . Went smoothly as scheduled. The real advantage was that in Miami the customs check area was empty, very different from the massive crowds you get there on a Sat or Sun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl A. Roberts on Saturday, April 1, 2000 - 11:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are doing the same thing...arriving on a Thursday from San Juan. We got fabulous airfare out of there and have never had a problem with ALM out of San Juan. Clearing customs is a little different...you line up against a brick wall and they have you place your carry on items in front of you. (Kinda feels like a shooting squad!) Next the drug dog walks down the line and then you get to go inside and clear customs. Something EVERYONE should experience at least once in this lifetime! It is a shame ALM dropped the flights from Atlanta on Thursdays. Used to be that you could get $299 r/t out of Atlanta on Thursdays....but those days are gone.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration