BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Aaah- I waited too long
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Aaah- I waited too long
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalya Calhoun (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 1:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I waited too long and didn't get that amazing air fare for 630 through SJU. Now everything is much more expensive - 850 from NYC. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1982) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 7:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

When are you going? What are your dates? Air Jamaica has a sale. 522.00 pp in Jan. and Feb. for select dates from JFK.

Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalya Calhoun (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's preferable February 12-21. But most airlines don't seem to have mid week flights. How do I find out about Air JAmaica. Yesterday their booking software wasn't working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4318) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 2:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya, have you looked at the Aruba route. I see direct flights from Newark for $370 then another $200 to BonaireExpress, will get you to Bonaire. Here's a link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn Loo Hoo (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15301) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 2:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya, when all else fails, call them! When I'm looking and see a great fare, I just HIT THE BUTTON...it can flucuate, and once it goes up, it's not likely to come back down for a while...:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalya Calhoun (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 3:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The problem is that they fly only on specific dates and there is no way to see the actual schedule. Which days do you say the is a charter NYC-Aruba. I wasn't able to find is that cheap. Please help. I really want share your joy in Bonaire and its wonderful activities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4319) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya I entered your dates and got that fare. The link I posted (when it worked) had a choice of either American or Continental direct to Aruba. As far as I know Bonaire Express flies every day. You can book BE through a travel agent like Caradonna Travel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2467) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 7:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya, you are much better off calling AJ than trying to book online, in my previous experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #372) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i know that american/american eagle flies on wednesday. that's when we are going. by february they might be flying at least 6 days a week. last year they started 7 day a week flights in march.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #383) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya,
When all else fails....google BonairePros. Andy can help you with a variety of selections.
Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #384) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya,

You can also contact, Ann Phelan, she lives on the island and works for BonairePros. Ann can help you with all your travel needs!
www.bonairepros.com
011-599-786-3134 (Bonaire Local) or dial from the US to Bonaire 508-644-8491.

Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #916) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Natalya,

Also check out flying mid week via Air Jamaica to Curacao, then taking Divi or BonairExpress to Bonaire (about a 12 minute trip).

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #374) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 7:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

natalya, i just sent you an email about flying american and changing your dates by two days at both ends. if it works for you the price was about $535 each. good luck.
pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ...boom dee ay (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #838) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 9:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW!!!
You BTrs are soooooo helpful --- makes me wish I were ready to book (even more so I mean!).
What a great group you are...
Good Luck Natalya - if you can't get it after all this help, well, I just don't know :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Natalya Calhoun (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 10:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much everybody. This site is amazing. YOur responses really made me choose the best airfare there were. I did get a ticket for NYC-AUA-BON for $660. Thanks again and see you soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #376) on Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

see you at gibi's in february...

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration