BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Caracas to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Caracas to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G Green (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone know if there is boat or air service between Caracas abd Bonaire??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #346) on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert -

I do not think there is either. The most direct routing from Caracas would probably be via Aruba or Curacao.

This newsgroup is an excellent information source and if someone has more specifics and/or can correct my thinking, I'm sure they will post before long. Keep checking back.

From any direction, Bonaire is not the easiest place to get to!

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2823) on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Robert, Welcome to Bonaire Talk!

I just did a search on Travelocity and found a round trip fare of $476.00 Caracus (CCS) to Bonaire (BON). Flights listed were Aeropostal Flight 800 to Aruba and Ecoair Flight 2981. One way trip was listed as approxmately $186.00

You can get there from there.

(Message edited by vtscuba on November 14, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1976) on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 6:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a new airline that services BON/Caracas. Their office is across from Casablanca. Let me see if I can find the phone #. Also Transerv or something has a desk at the airport. I think the flights are via Valencia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #347) on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann -

Thank you for expanding not only Robert's, but also my knowledge. I had no idea about Transerv.

I would not be surprised if Robert is thinking about the AA non-stop DFW-Caracas and then connecting to BON. I'll be interested to see if that is feasible.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G Green (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 10:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be in Caracas on Business and just thought that I have the weekend free and thought I would hop over, but boy it is not easy even though it is only a 30 min flight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marion - Casa Oleander (BonaireTalker - Post #92) on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 6:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am not sure if the schedules are still the same.

PAS (Progressiv Air Service) (599-717-6825) - Wed + Fr at 13:00 and Su 18:00 from Caracas via Valencia to Bonaire

Adventure Travel & Tour -- Mr. Stanley Balentin -- office 599-786 9444 or tel: 599-717 6619 )
e-mail adventurebonaire@yahoo.com
flights with a Dash 48 seats - flying time 35 minutes - price for retour Naf 275
Thursdays leaving Caracas 13.00 - leaving Bonaire 15.00
Sundays leaving Caracas 19.00 - leaving Bonaire 20.30

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joao Paulo Franca (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, January 6, 2006 - 5:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can try Transaven

http://www.transaven.com

phones : +58-212-3551965, +58-212-3551349 or +58-212-3552560 (FAX).

price for a round trip (CCS - BON - CCS) is aprox US$ 220

CCS - BON : tue, thu, sun - 19h
BON - CCS : mon, wed, fri - 6h30

(I have never used this airline)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration