BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AJ Saturday Flights
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: AJ Saturday Flights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john merriner (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 3:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just looked at Flight tracker and seen AJ flight 066 is delayed. Almost 2 hrs now.

I know AJ is flying on Saturdays but is it common for their flights to be delayed? Anyone care to chime in with their experience?

Planning on a February vist and just trying to weigh my options.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1973) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hold on John as the comments will be coming fast and furious. As an Air Jamaica member of the 7th Heaven Club, I can say it's not been heaven since Jan. 2005. Before that, Air Jamaica was amazing..simply wonderful.

I have been delayed, overnighted twice in MBJ, re routed twice to CUR and more..it's been a mess most times for me. Now I no longer can fly Air Jamaica as they do not service BOS.

Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5358) on Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Annie...we fly AJ out of Newark...think there will be any issues in May/June? They are the "easiest" for us and I used to love their service. I'm at the point now where I will be buying our airline tickets for the next trip and I'd love to go with AJ but am somewhat concerned about the one flight per week. Would you roll the dice out of Newark and go for it? Thanks! Carole and Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #349) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 1:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #345) on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 2:53 pm:
AJ kept there promise. Our flight was 20 minites late out of Chicago. 30 minites late out of Montego Bay and 15 minutes late arriving to Bonaire. The return trip was 15 minutes late on departure and only a 1 hour layover in Montego Bay with a 9:30 pm landing in Chicago. This was out 10th flight with AJ and will fly again with them in the future. Middle afternoon arrival and departure... GREAT!! Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5364) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 2:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Ron...I'm hoping they don't fall apart on me between now and May/June! LOL. We have used AJ exclusively for every trip, too, and would like to continue to do so, if possible. It's a big roll of the dice but we will probably take the gamble with them again this year.

Our other alternative at this point would be Jet Blue out of Newark, NJ into Florida and the hopeful future charter flight from there into Bonaire....still awaiting the latest word on the January 2006 hopeful startup on the charter, too. CArole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #116) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 7:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole...We depart from Newark also & for years have used AJ.. Our last trip using them getting back from Bonaire was a real live nightmare. We swore we'd
never use them again. This year we have a direct flight out of Newark on Continental to Aruba & then using Bonaire excel for the trip over to Bonaire.
Maybe at some point in the future we'll get lucky and Continental will fly to Bonaire nonstop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5366) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 1:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Vince! We're trying to stay on "real" planes...jets, for the entire route. That is our problem if we don't go AJ (most direct and reasonably priced) or we must pay thru the nose to get from Newark to Houston and onto Bonaire. We like to go first class and that is out of the question on Continental, for sure! LOL. We are large folks and like the extra room in the front of the AJ jets. Oh, woe is me....woe is me! LOL. Thanks for the information....getting back from Bonaire with a mess up is not as bad as going down IMHO...AJ messed us up once going down to Bonaire and that was not nice. Thanks, again. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tel Aviv (BonaireTalker - Post #53) on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is much easier and cheaper for NY area people to fly Continental EWR-CUR and then take the more reliable Divi Divi Air to Bonaire. The CO flight to Curacao only operates on Saturdays and is the same price as the EWR-AUA segement. The Divi Divi Air flight from CUR-BON is much less $ than BonairExpress from AUA-BON.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5377) on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Tel...the Divi Divi Air are the tiny little planes, tho, right? We can't handle those little guys...need a "jet" craft for us to get on board. It is a good suggestion for East Coast folks, tho. Thanks. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By debbie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What is the best way to fly from Boston to Bonaire?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1983) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The easiest right now is AA SJU BON leaving at 12:20 on flight 401. It is 7+ hours of flying. The price varies from 500's-900's. Bulk air can be secured if you buy a package from a travel agent.

Also GWV and TNT sometimes have last minute cheap charter air non stop to Aruba then Bonaire Express over. This can save money but it can he a hastle.

IMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5382) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 1:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anyone know if AJ's Saturday MB to Bonaire flights have all made it, of late? Any flights canceled recently? Carole

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration