BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New problem?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: New problem?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By v.cioffletti (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 1:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all yet again (groan),
I think the Gods are trying to make this trip either a hellacious experience or one WELL worth it and I hope the latter - plus work has been horrendous this week - I'm ready to leave the country and NOT come back LOL! Hmmm wonder if they need another nurse in Bonaire?!

OK now my friend and I cannot figure out how to get from Aruba (flying in on United) to Bon. I know, should be easy, right? I can't figure out the AA schedules and have yet to talk to a real human......the BonairExcel whatever is not showing up and I have called and called the phone numbers listed I had both in Bon and Aruba last night, early this am (both 0645 and then 0815 CST) and NO answers, let it ring and ring and ring.....
Anyone have a new link or updated phone #s or what for ANY airlines flying between Aruba and Bon? We do NOT want to have to spend night in Aruba......our flight gets in mid afternoon and thought it would not be a problem HELP HELP! We have 3 weeks to straighten this out and book interisland flights......
THX I already need a pina colada on the beach!
Ginni in Wisconsin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #339) on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 8:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

ginni, the AA schedule won't help getting you from aruba to bonaire. American (American Eagle) only flies from san juan. you should be able to find something out about bonaire express tho. we've never flown it so i can't help you with that...sorry. i'm sure there are lots of people on bonairetalk who have flown bonaire express...you'll get lots of advice. hang in there.

trust me tho...it will be worth the trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #255) on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 10:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Only BonairExpress flies from Aruba to Bonaire. Their website is www.bonairexpress.com. If you used a travel agent to book your vacation, perhaps they can help. For me there is definitely a distinct advantage to using a travel agent that specializes in Bonaire to assist in putting all the pieces together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #480) on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Ginni!
Dutch Antilles Express has just opened a reservation line which operates from 9 to 5 Bonaire time. Remember, Bonaire is on Atlantic time, one hour ahead of Eastern time. The phone is 599 717-0808, fax 599 717-0880, or e-mail reservations@flydae.com
Calling from the US, you need to put 011 before the rest of the number.
I got this from last week's Bonaire Reporter. Have not seen this week's yet. (It comes out today.)
I assume DAE is the parent company of BonairExpress, which is the only airline which flies from Aruba to Bonaire.
They have a late afternoon flight and a late night flight. Hope you can get on one of them.
You must pay cash on Aruba. They will not accept credit cards there. Perhaps if you buy your ticket over the phone they will let you buy with a credit card, but be sure to bring cash just in case you get a surprise on Aruba.
They have senior fares for anybody 60 or older, just in case somebody in your group qualifies.
Good luck!
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #110) on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked out my bookmarked link to BonairExpress (same as in Scott's message) which I had used earlier this week to check flight schedules. The link that had been in BE's site on Monday that enabled you to see their flight schedules is not there at the moment; don't know why. However, unless you are arriving in AUA from the States by mid-morning, the only options are a 6:00 PM departure (flight 9H2995, arriving BON at 7:30 PM with a stop in Curacao, although you don't get off the airplane) and a flight at about 9 PM or a little later (don't know that flight number). For the return to AUA from BON, the most likely best flight is the 10 AM departure (flight 9H2990), arriving AUA at 11:30, with an intermediate stop in CUR. There are also an earlier and a later departure; just don't recall the times or the flight numbers.

You can also fax your flight request to BonairExpress at 011-599-717-0770. Provide the desired dates of travel, departing and arriving airports, desired flight numbers and departure times, the names of all passengers. Also provide a credit card type and number, expiration date, name on credit card and if possible a maximum amount of your authorization. Prices without taxes are about 149 ANG ($84 USD) per flight per person ($168 roundtrip per person). Include a note that you will be "in-transit" through Aruba so Aruba departure tax will not be applied. (Be sure to hold onto your boarding pass from your arrival flight as you will likely need it in AUA to show you just arrived.) Also include a request that they note in your record that you are divers, thus becoming entitled to the additional 10 kg baggage allowance (for a total of 30 kg / 66 lb per person for all baggage), and include a number to fax back.

I got a faxed confirmation response within 30 minutes of having sent my fax. Don't forget to bring the fax with you as it is the only proof that you have made payment and is your flight record.

A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #807) on Sunday, November 13, 2005 - 4:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ginni,

contact Larry at www.worlddive.com , he can book the flights for you and also print the tickets...there is a small fee but it is worth the avoidance of the aggravation in dealing with Bonaire Exel (or whatever their name is today)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By v.cioffletti (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Monday, November 14, 2005 - 12:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks all for your helpful suggestions! Much appreciated!
My friend/traveling companion was able to slip out of work and get over to a travel agency within walking distance and got our Bonaire express tix ordered etc.
I tentatively have a rental car arranged and the hotel for the night before we leave near O'Hare airport.
AND I see our local weather report says it may snow and get down to 21 Wednesday. So the trip IS happening in time! <g>

Ginni in Wisconsin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By v.cioffletti (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 12:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Of note -
Thanks for all suggestions...for those who have been told that you cannot charge/pay ahead (if I had understood posts right) for interisland tix on BonaireExcel or whatever they are....my friend WAS able to do so, via travel agency (at Univ. Wisconsin Madison student union) and charge them and they are paid for. We got paper tickets in mail today and the charge is clearly paid on the tix. Odd thing is they are ticketed "via" Air Jamaica. Yet flight itinerary is not ON AJ airlines. Go figure.
Heck, not to worry, I'm gonna be back in Bon in two weeks YAHOO!!!!!
Ginni in Wisconsin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi

I used a travel agency so that I would have paper tickets when we showed up to Bon Exel.. in Aug in Aruba.. the tickets showed Conteniental.. The agency said that BE did not have a link with the regular ticketing systerm, so it was doing on another airlines, though as I recall the flight nubmers/times were correct. When we showed up everything was fine.

Just make sure you have water with you, the 1 hour layover in Cur can get hot on the plane, also make sure they do not unload your bags by mistake.

Have fun.. Lydia

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration