BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Help - AirJamaica Ticket Problem
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Help - AirJamaica Ticket Problem
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Claire Newman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Folks,

My husband and I are going to Bonaire at the end of next week (Oct.29) for a dive trip--YEA! I've been reading here about Air Jamaica and how many of you won't fly with them again. I fear we are coming to the same conclusion and we haven't even left on the trip yet!

Long story long - We booked our travel arrangements through Expedia many, many months ago. AJ had new paper tickets issued by another airline back in May when AJ announced they weren't flying to Bonaire anymore. Now that our trip is upon us, we find that the other airline has no record of the new tickets and now our flight plans are all screwed up. Expedia is working with us and AJ to get new replacement tickets from AJ but it ain't goin' too good at this point.

Our problem is, we have to return our bad tickets to AJ before they will issue the new replacement ones. We UPS-ed overnight the bad tickets to an address in Brooklyn, NY, that AJ gave Expedia. No new tickets have arrived for our flight. On checking, we find that UPS cannot deliver the package because the address is wrong. Expedia cannot obtain any office suite number for the address and the AJ staff are being unhelpful over the phone.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has had to send back tickets to AJ in Brooklyn, NY? If so, what address did you send to? I wonder if this is just a smoke screen created by AJ to stall and...I don't know what? I know this sounds desperate, I guess it is. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks, Claire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #210) on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Call customer service for the credit card you used for the purchase, explain the situation; dispute the charge for the ticket. See if they will credit you for the tickets and deal with the airline, get tickets any way you can, and go.
Did this with AJ and Citibank Mastercard (see my prior post).

-David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Claire Newman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, David. I was prepared to book another flight today but Expedia says everything is all straightened out now. It's complicated but we're to pickup E-tickets from AJ at BWI for the flight to Bonaire. AJ is sending us paper tickets early next week for the return flight. We'll see how well this works out! :o|

Claire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Frank (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #211) on Friday, October 21, 2005 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Claire,

Glad you were able to work everything out. I didn't realize your new flight was also on AJ. We have been flying with them for years and always had good experiences until our last trip.

I have said I will not fly with them again, but if they get it together, their flight times are still the most convenient. We are going on AA next trip (60 days, but who's counting).

Good luck with the flights, it will be worth the aggravation when you let the air out of your BC and drop onto the reef! Well, not ONTO the reef...

-David

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration