BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Family Vacation...counting the days
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Family Vacation...counting the days
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carlin Boyll on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 11:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After much thought and some very good advice from the folks on this board, I have booked my family vacation to BONAIRE. I would really like to Thank all of you for you for help. I had almost talked myself out of Bonaire worrying about the 14 hours of travel time, sometimes questionable air service and an ignorance of topside activities for my wife and son. From lurking around this site I found American Airlines flight with ample connection times to let my 1yr. old burn some energy between segments. We should arrive there on Sept. 7th. I hope to run into some of you folks to say Thanks in person, but if not please know that I think this the coolest site and I for one have benefited from it.
Carlin Boyll and family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kay Powers on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 3:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hope all of you enjoy the trip. I will be there for Thanksgiving and counting the days. Don't forget the snorkel, fins and mask for the 1yr old! Great place to introduce one to the world down below.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 3:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carlin, we will be downt there the same time as you...I don't know where you are coming from, but ours is a LONG Day too! We will be at the Sand$ so look us up if you get a chance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carlin Boyll on Saturday, August 18, 2001 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kay, can't wait to see his reaction to the fish
Cynde, might do that, thanks for the offer.
Not the worst case, but tough with a child.
Terre Haute, IN to Indy, IN to Dallas, TX to San Juan to Bonaire. I'm just trying to keep in mind that it's going to be something we will never forget, both the good and the bad.
Does anyone know how the airport tranfers usually work? Is it different for each lodging?
Carlin

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration