BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Travelocity Package ?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Travelocity Package ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George A (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone booked with travelocity, I'm planning a trip in Feb and they have a nice deal with good flight time (AJ) at the Plaza feedback would be appreciated George A

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #795) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 12:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

George, I've never used travelocity to book trips to bonaire (I've used them to book other plane tickets)...However, I would expect the rates quoted by Larry at www.worlddive.com or the other dive package brokers to be very competitive if not better with the advantage of having a live person on the other end to take care of tickets, questions etc....if AJ makes any changes to the tickets, dealing with travelocity is a nightmare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john merriner (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 2:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second the motion on the nightmare of dealing with travelocity if there is a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #611) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Travelocity continually has errors on their bookings with us. :-(

Take Gregg's advice. Book with a "live person" that can and WILL help you if problems arise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #125) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 6:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were initially booked on Air Jamaica for a Sunday Flight 8/14/05. As you know Air Jamaica dropped those in May. On the day it was announced Andy at Bonaire Pros had me switched over to AA (6 tickets) saving our trip. You can probably use any online reservation service for domestic travel but for Bonaire I also favor a live person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jess (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

To shorten a looooong story, DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim McCabe (BonaireTalker - Post #32) on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 5:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm curious about the negative responses to Travelocity. I used them every time I book (including to Bonaire earlier this year), and always get a good fare and have never had a problem. Well, except for once checking in to a hotel in Cancun, they couldn't find my reservation.

Anyway, could someone give some specifics so I know what to look out for? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #652) on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 6:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim,
My response is from the hotel end. Since you asked....
We often have not received the reservation from Travelocity and they are to be sent two ways, fax AND email. They often misquote the rate and number in party. They NEVER give us a smoking preference and to some guests this is VERY important. All of these items are taken care of in a direct (phone) reservation. We do not have these problems with other Internet Travel sites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynders (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14610) on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 10:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda, interesting. I've only bought airfare through travelocity and expedia, never accomodations...good to know! I always like trying to book directly if I can anyway, if it's the same price...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2408) on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 11:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynderella, though often a package is the sum of it's parts, when I was in Ireland last year, I was able to get much cheaper rates booking on expedia for hotel and car reservations (separately) than I could have gotten directly ( believe me, I tried)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynders (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14613) on Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 1:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seborramma...yo quiero taco bell...just kidding...I like expedia...they did me good with the emergency travel insurance in PR:-)...good to know that they did you right ;-)

geezz..does this mean I need to change my name AGAIN? Yo nececito un vacaciones!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration