BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: CO bookings
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: CO bookings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tel Aviv (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 9:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone booked with Continental for the IAH-BON segment? I am curious about the turnout. It seems like it costs a lot more than the new EWR-CUR service. I am also wondering if NYC area people may favor the EWR-CUR over the EWR-IAH-BON service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIANE AND BEA (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 12:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We booked for the Chicago-Houston-Bonaire. We are not going back to Bonaire until April 2006. We are giving it a try ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Knauer (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 2:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're about to book a June flight on Continental. Actually, I thought the price didn't look too bad ($470). Of course, we need a flight out of Baltimore to Houston and right now, Southwest has much better fares to Houston, so we will probably book the trip from Baltimore to Houston early in the year.

I'm really gonna miss the AJ flights. One of the lucky ones, but never had any problems our last few trips. - Mary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #200) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i also noticed that it was more expensive than what we paid but we travel on wednesday and thursday which are cheaper days to fly. i think CON is only flying to bonaire on fridays. another thing to consider is that it's a redeye flight so you can be on bonaire first thing in the morning (can you say "sunrise"?) so you have a whole day to play. and it saves you a night at the hotel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #292) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are going to fly AJ until they stop flying to Bonaire. Continental only has one flight a week as well. They leave in the morning like the other options except AJ... Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #379) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 9:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Continental will be leaving at 11:30pm(central time) on Fridays from IAH and at I think it is 8am(Bonaire time) on Saturday from Bonaire. for those of us in Texas and the west coast it looks like it will work. AJ flights were better as far as times went but the flight to the east coast to catch an AJ flight is cost prohibitive for us and adds at least one day both ways for us. If we want to go to Bonaire we will find a way. There are also flights to Curacao and Aruba and then to Bonaire on local airlines that many are doing.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tel Aviv (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Thursday, September 15, 2005 - 5:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary,
Southwest flies to Houston-Hobby and Continental flies from Houston-Intercontinental. But, if you don't mind switching airports, WN is usually cheaper.

I am just wondering if anyone has opted for the EWR-CUR flight on CO over the EWR-IAH-BON flight on CO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Epley (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 7:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

When did Southwest stop flying into IAH?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2107) on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 8:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I belive that Southwest still flies into both airports in Houston.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #380) on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 9:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The S/W website only shows them going into Houston-Hobby.

Any Lone Star residents out there know what the cab fare-distance-travel time is between the two facilities?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #318) on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Randy -

I cannot tell you the exact cab fare, but I would guess it is going to be a bit steep.

The two airports are probably 15-20 miles apart.

The good news might be that there is a shuttle service between Hobby and IAH.

And, no, Southwest does not fly to IAH any longer; only Hobby.

Charles Poteet
Dallas - 3 miles from Southwest's World HQ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #320) on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 1:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Randy -

A bit more information. This link will give you some specifics for transportation options between IAH and Hobby: http://iah.houstonairportsystem.org/transportation.

Looks as if the taxi fare would be somewhat over US$ 50.

One other thing to consider is that the most direct route between the two airports is right through the center of Houston. Allow copious amounts of time.

Hope this helps.

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2109) on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 5:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Depending on the time of day I would allow 1 hour+
Jim

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration