BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica - another complaint
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Air Jamaica - another complaint
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Puskarich (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #105) on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I knew I was taking a gamble when I booked Air Jamaica over a month ago to get me from Chicago to Bonaire. I watched over the month and the flights seem to be ok, so I wrongly became confident in AirJ.

I'm not gonna go into the details, but my flights there and back were hosed...but I'm alive and my bags arrived with me.

I will not fly Air Jamaica again. Yes, they did manage to get me to my destinations the same day I was suppose to arrive, albeit a different carrier, but either their customer service agents are not informed or they blatantly lie in order to avoid confrontation.

Either way, I gambled and lost and I learned my lesson.

I will be back to Bonaire very soon, but AirJ will not be an option on any leg of my trip because they just aren't dependable.

(Message edited by jepuskar on September 11, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #290) on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason, At least you got there the same day. Look at some of the other carriers! AA will not hold AE for you not even for a minute! We have used AJ many times with a late return once. Not bad in 14 flights. Qct 15th will be #15.. Ron

(Message edited by ronindiana on September 11, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Puskarich (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 5:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Ron, I wish you the best of luck. AJ said they moved us to Delta because our flight to Montego Bay was delayed, when in fact there was no flight to Montego Bay. Maybe its because of low season?? I don't know.

You can call AJ all you want the day of and the day before their agents will tell you everything is ok...when its not.

I used them 4 times before with no issues, this was before all heck broke loose with them....

Hopefully you dont have the same issues... I'll be watching and waiting. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIANE AND BEA (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 11:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jason , we are doing the red eye on Continental through Ohare. Leaving on a Friday afternoon to Houston , then Houston to Bonaire arriving at 5:15 am . We have flown numerous times on AJ and our last experience was a nightmare, so we are trying something different . Going back to Bonaire in April 2006.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #393) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 12:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was recently on an AE Flight from San Juan to Bonaire that was a little late taking off because it was being held up to ensure everyone got on. The explanation over the speaker system was that the crew was sure we wouldn't mind being a few minutes late starting our vacations if it meant noone being left behind in San Juan. 5 trips to Bonaire on AA/AE without a problem. We wouldn't even consider AJ and are scheduled once again on 17 September 05 for the AA/AE route. 4 Days and a wakeup!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Puskarich (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #107) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 8:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

4 days and a wakeup....you must be ex-military.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #394) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Actually, I've been in the Army for the past 30 years - currently in the National Guard. Good luck on your next trip to Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Puskarich (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #108) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 12:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thats very cool. I had an ex-coworker in the National Guard in Oklahoma and he told me once about the whole and a wakeup thing....I thought it was neat.

J

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration