BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Flamingo airport: items not allowed by security
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Flamingo airport: items not allowed by security
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just thought I'd post an informational update on some items that are not allowed through security in your carry on luggage at Flamingo Airport in Bonaire. Even though they are allowed by TSA in the US, tweezers, nail clippers and scissors with ROUNDED tips are still not allowed to be carried on when going home from Bonaire. My thoughts are that posting this may save someone from losing something. One fellow passenger had to give up a pair of nail clippers from a fairly expensive matched set of nail stuff. Also wanted to let everyone know that they are requiring that all batteries be removed from dive lights in your checked baggage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2360) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 9:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Scott!

I found it odd last October that my nail clippers were confiscated by the security people, yet, at the store in the waiting area I could by the very items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14435) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 10:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly got her nail clipper confiscated a couple of years ago, and they almost took my hair mouse (some ingredient in it is "explosive" they said).

Tom, sounds like a lack of communication somewhere with security and shop sales! LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3120) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, I had that happen to me also, with a pair of tweezers. I knew better than to have them as carry-on, but had forgotten to pack them in checked bags. So of course I forfeited them, and was amazed they sold them in that gift shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2362) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a hoot, mine had the little file removed post 911 and had travelled many times. Oh well they were just "things", as such it really does not matter. Oh yeah, the funny part was I had a Swiss Army Knife (stuuuupid me) in my carry on at the same time and they never caught that:-{O}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2162) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 6:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

'... hair mouse...'

No wonder women's fashions are different from men's. I can't quite imagine a mouse in my hair and a mouse would have a hard time hiding. Of course, my hair is short. or perhaps this is a SoCal thing. An explosive hair do??? Maybe a 'beehive hairdo'??? You always have been different out there!!! :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14439) on Thursday, September 8, 2005 - 9:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glen, you ALWAYS get me! STOP SPELL CHECKING MY POSTS! LOL! hair MOUSSE...what was the last one you got me on...rouge wave? or is it "rogue wave"? LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #258) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 7:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had my can of bug spray taken one year, but only one year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3129) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gotta be careful of the Bonairean Rogue Rouge Waves. I always say that. They are red, and they are mean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray and Pam (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 1:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

While waiting to board AA last year, the stewardesses were handing out AA wings to the kids which used like a 2 inch pin to secure them to their cloths.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2163) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Say it 20 times, fast, Kelly!! :–)

I didn't want to say that Cyn looked mousy, so I won't!!! :–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2164) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 2:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh,well, that last to Cindy didn't come across at all well or as I meant it and I am too late to scrub it, so I just retract it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #14454) on Friday, September 9, 2005 - 5:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Glen...you don't need to retract it...;-)

Kelly, we must look for those rouge rogue waves in October...LOL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5247) on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 12:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cyn, not the hair mouse from behind the dishwasher, right??!! LOL. Couldn't resist that one....cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2381) on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 12:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No one can truly understand airport security without having read Franz Kafka. To truly understand modern life, I suggest rereading George Orwells 1984.

seb - cheery and optimistic as usual.

(Message edited by seb on September 10, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5252) on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Seb, remember when 1984 was mandatory reading in school? I certainly, do. Big Brother IS watching! cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2384) on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 8:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's probably too subversive now Carole.

(Message edited by seb on September 10, 2005)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration