BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA to Divi Divi Connection
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: AA to Divi Divi Connection
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Hook ( Post #1) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are arriving in Curacao on the AA Flight that arrives at 1:54pm from Miami, and our travel agent has booked us on a 3:30 Divi Divi flight over to Bonaire. Since we cannot get paper tickets ahead of time, I would appreciate any tips of hints on this connection anuyone out there might have. Do they take credit cards for payment ? Do we go to arrivals on our arrival at Curacao , or to the Transito area ? Can we check our bags right through ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Stanfield (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Doug,
Not sure about them taking credit cards. You can email them at kito1@interneeds.net. You will not be able to check your bags through to Bonaire on AA. You will need to pick up your bags and go to the departure area and check in at the Divi counter. You will pick up your DIVI tickets there. Make sure you carry a confirmation of the reservation on DIVI with you. Most the time there is a bag security check before you can leave the bag claim area. Some times getting out of the baggage area can go very slow and we have had luck with customs letting us "cut in line" when we showed them we had a connecting flight. We have taken DIVI a number of times and have always had good service from them.Have fun in Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roger kreager (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 1:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DIVI DIVI will take credit cards, but cash ($) works easier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2083) on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 8:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have used Divi Divi a couple of times with no problems. If you're lucky you can sit in the copilots seat.
We purchase the tickets with a phone call from the states and pay with credit card. We have never had any problems in Curacao, lucky I guess.

After you claim your luggage, do let the immigration personel know that you are in transit to Bonaire and they will let you pass. Go to the Divi Divi counter and in no time you are off to Bonaire. It is about a twenty minute flight on either the Britney Islander or the Cessna.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #132) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Help! I have emailed Divi from there submit request box and get you are not authorized to view this page. I have also try kito1@interneeds.net and it came back unknown. Thanks. Gary Long

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5606) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

E-mail them at flydivi@interneeds.net - I usually get a response back from Danielle or Gabrielle within 18-24 hours.

If it's more urgent, call them at 011-599-9-888-1050

And yes, they definitely take MasterCard and Visa (that's what I always pay with).

Very reliable charter air company, and as long as they have your name on a reservation you can be assured that a seat will be saved for you. No need for advanced "ticketing".

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #133) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 10:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake, thanks for information. We might see you in November. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone e-mailed Divi lately? I have e-mailed them through there website last Wed. and have e-mailed them through flydivi@interneeds.net last Thu. AM and no reply yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deana Alexander (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gary,
I e-mailed them last Wed and just got a reply about an hour ago. So maybe by the time you read this you will have your answer too! They must be really busy I guess.

Deana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Gillan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #172) on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 7:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA to DD Miami to Bonaire Easy Stuff

I flew AA from Miami to Curacao. On time, even a little early. I connected in Cur with Divi Divi to Bonaire. Easy going. I recommend it to anyone. Call it Jake's Route. To 2 bags limit to 70 lbs. each and a carry on plus a personal bag, which for me was a small duffle bag. No problems. I checked the AA flight for several days and it left Miami on time everyday.

Rates are going up but mine was $313 RT. DD was $93 and $2 transfer fee.

Bud

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy Young (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone advise the flight cost for Divi Divi from Curacao to Bonaire round trip? Their website states $40.00 each way...but I thought I saw somewhere that they were going to have an increase.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2095) on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 7:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe that the RT cost is just under $100.00 US

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2115) on Wednesday, October 5, 2005 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned and the cost currently is $ 93.00 + $ 2.00 transfer fee, you pay this at the Tax counter.

Buy your Exit tax voucher in Bonaire, $ 20.00 US, and it will save you $ 3.00 us. It is more expensive in Curacao.

The price for the exit tax going thorough Aruba is $ 37.50 for those of you making connection through this island. That's a big savings if purchased in Bonaire.

Jim

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration