BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Is it too late to book for mid-Oct?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Is it too late to book for mid-Oct?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 1:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,
First post here, been lurking a while though.
I've been putting off booking a week in Bon for mid-Oct because of uncertainty at work. My worst nightmare just came true but I have decided to say &*$% it and book anyway. The will just have to live without me for a week so I can decompress:-).

My question is: is it too late to book air and hotel? I would definitely book with Ann P. or one of the other recommended agents after reading their glowing reviews on another thread, but don't know what to expect for availability.

This would be my first trip to Bon and I'm really excited about the prospect of going. I need a vacation more than I've ever needed one before!

Thanks in advance for any/all advice you fine folks have to offer!

Becky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Gerber (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 2:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Becky, I would call Amy Garrow at 1 800 328 2288. She will do you a great job at boooking air and accomadations. We are going to the Divi in Feb. She really did us a nice job. I know that Feb. is alot busier than Oct. I think that there will be plenty of places to go to. She has a big list of places to stay. Kent Gerber

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5221) on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Becky, I second using Amy at Caradonna CaribbeanTours. She is terrific! Keep us posted. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 9:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info... Amy will be getting a call Monday morning :-)!
I'll keep you posted and keep my chin up.
Becky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #932) on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Becky, it's never too late! Make the call, book it and let us know when and where you will be staying. There will be a good-sized group of us BT'ers there mid October so the fun meter might get pegged:-)

Smack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just Babs (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9453) on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Becky, I was just re-arranging flights on AA...the one I was switching to on 10/8 had only 2 seats left on the flight from PR to Bon...doesn't mean they are all that way but you probably ought to check it out soon! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2087) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Becky, You could consider, if AE flight is full to BON, flying to Curacao. I would then fly Divi Divi airlines from CUR to BON.....

http://www.baibini.com

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #853) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I always plan my vacations by closing my eyes, chugging a stiff drink and shouting s@&*#$ it while clicking the book button. If you don't take your time....for you....now....your business will.
They will just have to do well without boss for 2 weeks (or else) :-)
And once I was pleasantly surprised when I returned. Once.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky Hauser (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, what a welcome!
Thanks so much for all your info and advice!

Smack: Pegging the fun meter might just be what this doctor ordered, although not too sure I know how anymore, lol.

Babs: point definitely taken, will call Amy tomorrow come heck or high water. Today was too nuts for me to call anyone :-(

Jim: Thanks for that info... I'm not terribly "up" on all the available routes. That tidbit may come in very handy!

Wally: LOL! Too true about the business thing, and too sad! I like how you plan your trips... ever end up somewhere you didn't imagine with that method ;).

Thanks again, you guys ROCK!!!
I'll let y'all know when and where I'll be staying!
Becky

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration