BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Liz - What about the charter from Fort Lauderdale?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Liz - What about the charter from Fort Lauderdale?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do you have any further information on the charter you were working on? Did it fall through? I'd certainly appreciate an easier flight from the midwest. Thanks, Judy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3057) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Judy, I've always had good luck with AA from Columbus, through San Juan.

Are you interested in coming to our next dive club meeting? We have them in Pataskala! :-)

We can bring Bonaire pictures and chat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, When and Where? Which club? We've used AA too; I'm just getting nervous with all the problems. I particularly don't like the prop plane from San Juan. You'd think with all our luggage, they'd schedule something with some cargo room. We're also looking into the Continental flights for May.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIANE AND BEA (BonaireTalker - Post #44) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are actually doing the red eye from Chicago to Houston and Houston to Bonaire in April 2006. Looking forward to it !!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #134) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have heard that The Plaza has a special package for the red eye from Houston. Instead of paying for one night, for $37.50 per person you get breakfast, lunch, luggage storage, and beach bed and towel. Check in is 2 PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3059) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Diane, I'll be very interested to see how that works out for you. I may try that option on my next trip. Make sure you let us know!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DIANE AND BEA (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Kelly I sure will . I have been watching the board and it doesn't look like any other BT'ers are doing it right now... I will let everyone know.. ! Thanks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4194) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 4:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I talked to Liz about this last week and she's still working it. It looks good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #848) on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Guys!

We are having a meeting next week to finalize everything. Remember, we are on "Bonairetime" here! Once everything is complete I will issue a press release to the moderators to post. Expect an official announcement before 1 September! Yipee!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 8:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for keeping us posted Liz. I just found out today our dive club is planning a January trip. Told them to hold off booking flights for a few weeks. We're very excited to see how it turns out and if it'll work for us.

Kelly- when and where is that dive club meeting? Is it the TA club at Summit Station? Would love to get together and share Bonaire tales. Judy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #853) on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 10:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You are so welcome.
Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 9:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

According my calender that should be ...... about now ......
Is my calender of, or .........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #859) on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 12:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Slight delay Menno, as usual on Bonaire...I'm off island for medical reasons until Monday (don't worry I'm fine, upkeep..lol). Hope to have more news when I get back.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 7:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope you get better soon.

Is this now already the first delay this new flight has ??? (joke,ok)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cheryl B (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #204) on Thursday, September 1, 2005 - 8:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

quote:

I'm off island for medical reasons until Monday

Gee, Liz, you scared me!! Good luck with your "upkeep"!

Cheryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 9:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good to see you posting and visiting Gibi's again Liz, to me that looks like you are back and fully healthy again. How about the new flight ??????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #861) on Tuesday, September 6, 2005 - 9:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Menno,

Thanks. Next to final meeting scheduled in about 45 minutes. Please be patient. As you well know we are on Bonaire time here!!!! Thanks! If you would like I will email you as soon as I know the final details.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Tuesday, September 6, 2005 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not necessary to contact me direct for this, since I am not involved in this anyway. I will read your posting here on BT about it. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 9:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, its's about a week ago now and it is time to shake the tree again: How are things with the new flight ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #864) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 9:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Menno,

Tree has been shaken...Press Release due out at 3pm today...

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 9:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for this update ....... Looking forward to it ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire Owner) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #352) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok it's after 3pm... Where can we read the release? & Liz thanks for all the work you have done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #865) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am forwarding it to the Moderators for release.

Thanks.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #866) on Monday, September 12, 2005 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just to let you know the release is in the hands of the Moderators to post.

Thanks all!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 8:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Moderators - Give us the good news please!!! We're waiting for the travel solution to our favorite place. Thanks again Liz, for all of your hard work. Hope this is our answer! Judy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Long (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #136) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 10:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I hope the flights don't start before we hear about them. Liz, thanks for all your hard work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seb (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #10) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm sure if you were to e-mail Liz directly for information about her charter, she would be happy to respond with information. Since the moderators only got the information from Liz last night, and there are five of us spread over several time zones, we will all need to review it and speak with each other before we post anything. Thank you for your patience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt III (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #248) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

With 5 of you I would think that some info could have been posted by now, especially since airlift is so important to Bonaire.

First flight
Saturday, 19 November 2005

22 return flights
Fort Lauderdale - Bonaire - Fort Lauderdale

Air Carrier: Falcon Air
Time Schedule:

Depart FLL 2:00 pm US time
Arrive BON 5:40 pm Bonaire Time
Depart BON 6:40 pm Bonaire Time
Arrive FLL 8:30 pm US Time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1099) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 3:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And the cost is????
A RT from Rochester, NY - BON is running around $615 on AA. It's a of a day, and a FLL charter might work, if we can get a return flight from FLL - ROC on the way back that same night --- we HATE to do an overnight...

We're all booked for February, but have two friends who will be interested in this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Moderator (Moderator - Post #11) on Tuesday, September 13, 2005 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As the moderators, we feel it necessary to clarify a few things. There have been allegations and denials of self promotion involved in this project from the beginning, and we have been trying to collect information so that we can determine what is OK to post, and not OK to post (at this point, we (the moderators) are still gathering information). This is one of the most troublesome and time consuming parts of moderating.

For example, Jake no longer e mails us Cinnamon Art Gallery notices (which is set up as a non-profit). Notices are posted by interested parties, if at all. If the founders of Bonaire talk feel uncomfortable emailing us info about their gallery to post, long after their separation from Bonaire Talk, I do not see how we are obligated to post promotional information about the airlift (particularly as we are still not sure how the operation is funded and who will be making money from it).

Anyone mailing Bonaireairlift@yahoo.com can get the details and promotional information about the airlift. Anyone not involved in any way with the airlift is welcome to post that information on BT. Liz is welcome to answer direct questions or correct mispostings concerning the airlift.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Cabus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #303) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 1:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz,

do you have a website with the details? If not, get one up soon.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #869) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Our website will be up within the next week.

Thanks.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Puskarich (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #109) on Wednesday, September 14, 2005 - 7:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, the 'upkeep' thing made me cringe..you poor ladies and the upkeep....I dont get that until my 50's or so. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5327) on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 2:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, there....Is the charter operation still in "go" mode? I sent an email to the yahoo address asking for more information. Carole

PS How do we find the website, Lizzie? cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #216) on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 8:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Finally just saw this schedule (thanks Walt!) & will contact Liz for more details. That 8:30pm arrival time is a killer - allowing for time to clear customs it will be very difficult to make a connection that night (& I'm just in NJ!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #902) on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 6:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sue we are working on adjusting the time, but unfortunately Wilma put a big hurt on Miami/FLL. Contact has been spotty by phone and internet. Hopefully we will have the EXACT schedule out by the end of this week.

Liz

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration