BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: New flight schedule from DAE
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: New flight schedule from DAE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4124) on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 12:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

More to escape Dutch Antilles Express
WILLEMSTAD - Monday, August 15 - Dutch Antilles Express (Bonaire Express) starts a new time table with more daily flights between the islands and better connections on international flights.

Extra round-trip flights from Curaçao-Aruba and Curaçao-Bonaire have been added to the schedule. Because of this there are now (respectively) five and six flights per day. The time table is spread better over the day, so that a favourable day connection is available that is especially convenient to business travellers. Also there will be a connection from Bonaire and Curaçao on Aruba-flights of Delta Airlines from the US and Varig from Brazil.

Dutch Antilles Express has put all efforts since its start in optimizing the flights. The result is that 89 per cent of the flights are on time and less than 2 per cent cancellations.

Beginning September a call centre will be available. At present extra staff is being hired for better accessibility and for improvement of the service to the passengers.

New flight times:

BON-CUR 06.00 / 08.00/10.00/14.00/16.15/20.00

CUR-BON 09.00 / 13.00/14.45/19.00/23.00 **/23.45 ***

CUR-AUA 07.00 / 11.00/15.00/17.00/21.00

AUA-CUR 08.00 / 12.00/16.00/18.00/22.00 **/22.45 ***

CUR-SXM 09.00 / 17.15

SXM-CUR 12.00 / 20.15

BON-AUA 06.00 / 10.00/14.00/20.00

AUA-BON 08.00 / 12.00/18.00/22.00

BON-SXM 06.00 * / 08.00 */16.15

SXM-BON 12.00 / 20.15

AUA-SXM 08.00 / 16.00 *

SXM-AUA 12.00 *

* With transfer

** On Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday

*** Only Monday and Thursday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #788) on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 1:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin,

thanks for the update...what does it mean that there will be connections to Bonaire from Aruba on the Delta flights? Has Aruba created a transient lounge to allow passengers and baggage to pass thru aruba without going thru customs and immigration? Does it mean that luggage can now be coordinated? tks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4125) on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gregg, I posted a translation from a press announcement from DAE. There will be a connecting flight from the Delta and Varig flights. That's all I know. I'm sorry that I don't have more information for you. You could try to contact DAE directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Menno de Bree (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Tuesday, August 16, 2005 - 5:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

All they have to do now is fly it. Hmmm.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lydia S. Segal (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin

When does this start? We are flying this Sat the 20th, does that mean things are better and there are more dependable flights? TIA Lydia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5602) on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Martin may now be regretting posting a copy of the press release - he's just the messenger folks, not the person you should be directing these questions to (that would be someone at BE).

I understand that the schedule is in effect as of this past Monday - August 15th (and that's ALL I know about this subject - I fly American via San Juan at every opportunity, and try to avoid making any connections in the Antilles (i.e. Curacao and Aruba), so I just don't know if you ask me anything else about BE).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3006) on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

But Jake, we like you and Martin WAY better than those folks at BE... [insert whine here]. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4126) on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 3:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly, we know that, that's why we post this information.

(and Jake, I don't regret it, I only wish I knew an email address at BE...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Renea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #153) on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 - 5:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I emailed them a couple weeks ago to confirm our flight was changed when the 5:00 p.m. Aruba/Bonaire was cancelled. Got a very friendly email back the next day that they had verified it in the system and they had been changed. I sent the original email to

info@BonairExpress.an

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration