BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Inter-island flights or charters
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-08-10 to 2005-12-13: Inter-island flights or charters
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PTexas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HELP!!!!
Though we can get accommodations over the holidays, we can't get airfare for our party of 19 coming from all over the US. Seems there's not seats on AA once you get to San Juan. Continental's once a week flights are booked! Tried googling Bonaire Express and can't find a web site. Please, if you can tell me about any interisland airlines (or reputable charter companies) and tell me how I contact them......otherwise we are stuck at San Juan for the holidays :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #347) on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try flying into either Aruba or Curacao and taking Bonaire Express to Bonaire. BE only goes between islands within the NA. The web site for BE is www.bonairexpress.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tish (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #364) on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 8:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I live on Bonaire. I do NOT recommend taking Bonaire Express.
From Curacao, take Divi Divi. Please believe me!!! From Curacao, that is much more reliable.
Only American Eagle flies from San Juan to Bonaire. You do not have any other option on that route.
Tish

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mia Martin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone tried to charter a flight from San Juan for a private group? I am in the same situation as PTexas with 9 people trying to get there and no affordable seats...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PTexas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 10:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What is Divi Divi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PTexas (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 10:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I finally got the web site for Bonaire Express to work but there doesn't seem to be any seats anytime during the holidays.....at least that's what the web site says.
Is Divi Divi a boat? I can't seem to find anything when I google it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fiona Rattray (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #328) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to BT, PTexas.
Divi Divi is a local airline, (small planes) that flies between Curacao and Bonaire. They get rave reviews from all I've seen posted. If you search this website for Divi Divi (use Keyword Search at bootom of each page) you might get a link. I know that theire website is not an obvious one like DiviDivi.com...
Someone else help me out here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fiona Rattray (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #329) on Sunday, August 14, 2005 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try www.baibini.com, PTexas, and you'll get to Divi Divi. Hope it works out for you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By roger kreager (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 3:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I use divi divi for all my travel between curacao & bonaire. they have never failed me and you will find them very flexible. You can charter for about the same price as the regular fare.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2996) on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm not a local, but I travel to Bonaire occasionally. I have gone the route through Aruba, and although it's a little confusing if you don't know the drill, it is certainly an option for you (unless they are booked of course). I personally prefer the AE route, but that's obviously not an option for you.

I have heard many good things about the Divi Divi route through Curacao.

Good luck!

PS if you decide to go the Aruba route, email me and I can provide several helpful hints. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margarite and Jim Hix (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2081) on Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

American Airlines from DFW to Miami,American Airlines from Miami to Curacao, Divi Divi from Curacao to Bonaire.
Leave DFW at 6:00am. Arrive Curacao at 2:00pm, leave Curacao on the 3:00pm flight.....Cultimare for Groceries and RUM......Good nights rest. Checkout Dive at 9:00am......

DIVE, DIVE, DIVE

Jimmy

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration