BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Us airway to Aruba - BE from Aruba to Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Us airway to Aruba - BE from Aruba to Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By janet white (BonaireTalker - Post #22) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe I was just lucky but had an easy connection flew in at 3:30 pm to Aruba from Charlotte - no lines in Aruba (had paper ticket in hand for BE) plane was full - left on time arrived on time. Bonaire to Aruba left on time arrived on time. Total flying time 4 hours 40 minutes! CLT-AUA-BON Good luck to those traveling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raeford Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am booking, even as I write this, with USAirways. They're having problems booking the 5 pm BE flight to Bonaire. Right now, they're saying I can't leave until 10 pm. Not bad, but does anyone know what time ABCars closes on Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Oliver (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did a similar route that Janet took, though three of us flew in to Aruba via US Air from Philly, and one from Charlotte. We were taking the 5 p.m. BE flight, and the flight was full. Even though we had confirmed our tickets the day before, they told us that they were overbooked, so one of us stayed in Aruba and took the later flight in. I think if we could have gotten to the BE desk earlier we all would have been on the same 5 p.m. flight. Otherwise, all was fine.

Good luck with it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raeford Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 11:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you. USAir has us booked for 10 pm, as the earlier flight is booked. When she was talking with co-workers, they suggested that we rush the BE desk as soon as we arrive. They might be able to get us on that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Friedman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 12:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Raeford,
As of mid August the 5PM non stop flight from AUA-BON will be discontinued along with the 11AM return flight from BON-AUA. All BE flights will stop in Curacao that go between AUA-BON as of mid August. This can change in the future, but this is what is going to be their current schedule at this time.
Larry from Worlddive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Wansley (BonaireTalker - Post #76) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked with my Travel Agent, and while it is apparently true that BE has cancelled the 5PM AUA-BON and the 11AM BON-AUA flights, they have been replaced with flights that have been shifted one hour.

I've been assured that the flights are now 6PM AUA-BON and 10AM BON-AUA. This is for September 2005.

This actually helps us personally by not having to meet a tight connection schedule.

I'm guessing that the extra time is needed for the time spent in Curacao.

My agent said it is VERY important to check in with BE prior to departure for the BON-AUA flight. Even if you have to start checking a couple days before you depart.

Oh, and paper tickets for BE are a must, although unfortunately nothing is guaranteed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raeford Brown (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Thursday, July 28, 2005 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's great info, guys. The 6 pm departure might even help me get the earlier flight.
One final thing...do you have a telephone number for them? I haven't had much luck with that, and their web site has been down every time I check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Margot H. Knight (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 2:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just flew AUA/Bonaire via Bonaire Excel--we booked and paid on the internet and were only issued a confirmation page (no hard tickets). No problems at all when we checked in. . .You just have to remember to go to the ticket booth before you go to the check-in desk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marion - Casa Oleander (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The 6pm and 10am flights are no direct flights. They stop over in Curaçao.

The phone number for BE here on Bonaire is
(599)7170707, but it is a pain till somebody finaly gets the phone. We already complained because we make a lot of reservation with them for our guests.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji Beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 11:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

http://www.bonairexpress.com/ seems to work fine.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration