BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Update on AA/AE baggage weight restrictions?
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Update on AA/AE baggage weight restrictions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #159) on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know this was discussed earlier this year, but does anyone have any updated solid input as to what American Airlines/American Eagle has in place with regards to baggage weight restrictions on the US to San Juan to Bonaire route? The AA website is not particularly clear; seems to say in one place that up to 70 lbs per bag is cool, and in another place seems to say that there is a surcharge for bags between 50 and 70 lbs. Anyone have any recent experience?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13957) on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott, unless they have changed something since June 15, it is 70lbs International on AA and AE. Our bags were delayed from SJ to Tortola, but it was because the plane was "overloaded" and they arrived on a later flight. We were not charged extra for any of our 3 bags, and they were all between 50 and 70 lbs. (This was the same for our March trip to Bon, with the exception that our bags arrived with us):-)

As a back up, I printed out their information from the AA website, but it was never an issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nondivergirl (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 10:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I called AA, and they told me that even though I was flying from Dulles to Miami to Curacoa, to Bonaire, it was considered International and our checked bags could be up to 70 lbs.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration