BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Excited about return
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Excited about return
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 5:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After a five year hiatus, we are bringing a group from Florida (10-15 divers) back to Bonaire in March. I know a lot has changed with the airport and airlines since our last visit. Could I get some input on the best options? We were scheduled to return in July, but the airfare scared us away. Our hopes are that this will even out somewhat by March. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1084) on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 9:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marcia, where will you be flying from? That will likely affect what your options are...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcia (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Josie..we live in central Florida, so would likely leave from Miami

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5092) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Marcia! Welcome back!! The major change at the airport is when you depart...there is now an air conditioned waitin/holding room area with some snacks and a gift shop available, too. It is an improvement but can be nutsy sometimes when KLM flight unloads folks from a big plane and they are in the room(s) waiting to board a connecting flight, etc.

I guess we had the same situation before, tho, so it is nicer now with the air conditioning and shops.

You will be soooo happy once your group gets back into the waters!

Oh...there is a huge iguana outside the parking area at the airport, now, too.....it was created by someone local, I believe. It's about 20 feet long, I think. Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marcia, A/A flies direct from Miami to Curacao, then take either Divi/Divi or Bonaire Exel to Bonaire. This should be easier than the snafus recently reported. Of course the alternative is Miami to Puerto Rico and American Eagle to Bonaire. This is usually reliable also. We have not had a problem with A/A in our 12 years of travel to Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1864) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Air Ja will do FLL again..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C Poteet (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #293) on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

George -

AA MIA-SJU-BON could be worth considering. We think there is an advantage to using carriers, American and American Eagle, that have had a long-standing contractual relationship. We have used the DFW-SJU-BON routing with AA several times and always have had good luck.

I'm sure you are an experienced enough traveler to know that "past performance is no guarantee," but past performance is all on which we have to go.

We have no fiduciary relationship with AA or AE.

Buen viaje!

Charles Poteet
Dallas

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration