BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Hato Airport turn-around times
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Hato Airport turn-around times
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg & Lani Muelrath (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 6:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We’d appreciate some insight from those in the know regarding our itinerary for upcoming travel SFO-BON. Specifically, turn-around times at Hato Airport.

We’ve come to expect twist and turns with travel to Bonaire from California, and this year is no exception. The first glitch occurred when we purchased the itinerary from aaa.com last September for $625. We thought the price was good, even if it did entail a five-hour layover in MIA. Within 24 hours, we were notified by aaa.com that the listed price was an error and we’d need to pay $75 more p/p. We protested, stating aaa.com needed to honor its listed price and not subject customers to a bait and switch.

It was resolved in our favor and we thought the only glitch was behind us until American Airlines changed its CUR-MIA departure time from 8:55 am to 8:24 am. Aware of BonaireExel’s on-time departure problems and the fact that Hato Airport is not renown for it’s speedy turn-around times, this itinerary has “Curacao overnight” written all over it. Trying to take a pre-emptive strike by pinning down whose going to pay for an overnight and meals has not been productive. AA won’t touch it; aaa.com says the connection time meets “minimum connection requirements set by the FAA”. No response from BonaireExel. Aaa.com acknowledged this problem could be addressed by routing us through SJU…for a mere $800. more!

Any advice? What are the chances that a BonaireExel flight that’s scheduled to leave at 7am will actually arrive in Curacao in time to connect with AA’s 8:24 departure? And if there is an overnight, who pays?

Thanks,
Greg & Lani

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #503) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 9:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greg and Lani, I think that even if the 7am flight left Bonaire on time (big if there) you might have trouble with the connection as AA requires check in at least 90 minutes before departure for the flight to Miami. If you do leave Bonaire at 7am when you arrive in Curacao you would still need to get your luggage from BE and check in with AA. I am thinking that your original booking with aaa.com may not have given you the time you needed and you might want to continue to pursue it with them. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4053) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 12:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can also check Divi Divi. They DO fly on time. I don't have the email address on hand here. Jake or anyone else??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #771) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 9:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martini....how is Angela????? How are you!!! Can't wait to see you guys again (When?) We are living on the island now..yipee...

Oh yes Divi Divi AirTours

www.baibini.com

phone on Bonaire: 599-717-2121

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4056) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, we are both doing fine, we will be on island from Oct. 13-th (Angela) or 15-th (me). We'll see you guys then!!

And how are you???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1513) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Martin! I am on island till the 22nd so I will get to see you and Angela!!! This is great news!

Liz, I hope you and Ed are still going to the Tuesday night Gibi's!!!! I can't wait to hear all about island life!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #772) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yippeeeeee.....!!!!! :-)

We will be at DEMA 3-8 October in Las Vegas, then back to the island!

Bonaire is agreeing with me, Ed too!

I'm working on getting my certification on the recompression chamber, 1/2 way there. 1 more class lesson then into chamber, the 3 tanks dives and I'm done!

I've lost almost all the weight from the steriods (if you would have seen me in Jan/Feb you would have thought I was a giant balloon, but everyone was nice and didn't tell me I looked like a giant pin cushion!)

I gained about 20.5 kilos from the steriods in a month and one half after the surgery. I've actually lost 22.25 kilos since about April! I want to get down about 10 more....I will! Eating a lot of fish, staying away from funchi and fries (boo-hoo), and drinking about 3-4 litres of water a day or more.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2026) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Liz, you had better be back on Bonaire by the 11th to celebrate Ms. Baum's 1st Annual 39th Birthday;-{)}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2828) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second that. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #773) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL...you guyyysssss....

Of course I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! Champagne on my porch!!!!! Hey I found this GREAT strawberry champagne....

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4058) on Thursday, July 7, 2005 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene, We did chance our plans, so we could see more of you guys. The only 2 down parts are: Missing Kelly and missing a part of the spawning...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deb (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 10:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just returned from Bonaire on Fri/Sat. I scheduled an overnight in CUR as the 1 hour connecting time is NOT enough. Yes, it's listed as a legal connection, but you'll be stressing out majorly. You'll need to claim your bags and recheck them on AA, then there's the security line.... I recommend an overnight in CUR, it's less stressful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SJ Blue (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Deb, we are coming down in Feb and I'm looking at spending the night in Curacao then flying into Bonaire the next morning. Where did you stay and how easy is it to get to a hotel in Curacao?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration