BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire by way of Venezuela
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Bonaire by way of Venezuela
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, February 25, 2000 - 8:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Since the disaster in Venezuela I understand that the airfares have gone down quite a bit.

Does anybody know if it would be cheap and easier to fly to Venezuela and then Bonaire?

How complicated would that be?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Friday, February 25, 2000 - 4:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As far as I remember there is United, Delta and American and there must be direct flight from Avensa/Servivensa and Acerca which fly into Caracas. Starting 1st of March AVIOR is starting to fly Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays Caracas Bonaire. Leaving Caracas at 6pm - arriving Bonaire at 6.30pm, leaving Bonaire at 7pm - arriving Caracas 7.30pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hope Morris on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just got back from Bonaire last week after using Servivensa/Avensa to Caracas and ALM to Bonaire. It was a disaster. On the way down the Servivensa flight was leaving JFK an hour early and noone notified us. Luckily we were early and the flight was fine. Then when we checked into ALM they told us they were using a smaller plane and there were no seats for us. After this was worked out the Venezualan Police wanted to search one of our checked bags and I was taken to a loading dock in the Airport and the bag was searched by an officer in camoflage fatigues and combat boots. It worked out OK but was frightening. Then on the way back we got to Caracas OK only to find that the Servivensa flight to NY was canceled. They then put us on a flight to Miami where we would get a TWA flight to NY. After delaying loading the fight to Miami for an hour they informed us that another airline AeroPostal would be taking us. They took our passports and everyone had to pickup their baggage and be searched again. Miami was OK but we didn't get home until 2AM after being at the Bonaire Airport at 6AM. I love Bonaire but it sure is a drag to get to. I guess that keeps the crowds away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anonymous on Monday, March 20, 2000 - 8:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AVIOR comes daily except Saturdays to Bonaire now. Leaving Caracas 2.15 pm - leaving Bonaire 3.15 pm.
And they are talking about putting more flight in.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration