BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Flying with NorthWest Airlines to Bonaire????
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Flying with NorthWest Airlines to Bonaire????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frances Mabus on Wednesday, August 1, 2001 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Has anyone been able to fly on NW air all the way to Bonaire?? I ask because I have enough FreqFlyer miles with NW for a Caribbean trip. And of course Bonaire is my first choice (never been there but sounds like I should be!) However, when I called NW about it, even tho they partner with AA, I was told that AA flights to Bonaire are not "code-share" and would not be able to use them. Does anyone else have any experience with NW to Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Keith Myers on Thursday, August 2, 2001 - 7:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Frances, I don't have any "real" experience (yet) using NWA to get to Bonaire, but my wife and I are booked in early Jan.,2002. We are both extensive NWA flyers. Probably as you are, we are flying NWA to SJU and then connecting there with AA for the leg to BON. Our flight originates in Memphis(nonstop to SJU). I don't believe that AA and NWA are partnered in any way, thus I don't think you'll be able to fly exclusively on NWA through to BON or use your WorldPerks miles for the entire trip. One option, if you have the miles, would be to use NWA's partner, Continental, to fly to Caracas, and then use ALM to BON (should read other posts re: ALM). Your WorldPerks miles are "usable" for CO flights. Also, ALM flights from CCS to BON are less expensive than the AA leg from SJU (though possibly not as reliable). Maybe someone else has some good ideas that will be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frances Mabus on Thursday, August 2, 2001 - 9:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Keith,
Thank you for the info. When I checked NWA site, they said they partner with American Eagle, which I thought would be great, since AE now flys into BON. However, when I called their 800#, the CSR did verify that they partner with AE, but only on codeshare flights (meaning it has to also have a NWA flight #) and no flights to BON are codeshare. Was hoping that she was wrong (it HAS happened that a CSR makes a mistake....hoping...hoping...hoping...) So, poof, she broke my heart. We were really hoping to be able to use our WorldPerks miles for a free flight to BON, but it's time to go back to the old drawing board.
Thanks for your suggestions for other ways to do it.
fm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 12:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are no NW code shares to Bonaire from the U.S. The best you could do is Continental to Aruba and then try to get over from there.

Or, if you have miles to burn, KLM is a NW partner, so you could get all the way to Bonaire via Amsterdam :)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Gassert on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 12:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What about KLM to Caracas, VZ then to Curacao/Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frances Mabus on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas. Now I just have to figure out the best way to work things out.

fm

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration