BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Air Jamaica resumes year round service
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Air Jamaica resumes year round service
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1844) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good day,

I just received an email from a colleague at Air Jamaica. She tells me JM will service BON every Sat. year round!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #271) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 5:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

YAHOO!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #532) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 5:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Now THAT is very interesting. Must have heard bout Continental...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5039) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 6:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yippppeeeeee!!!! Looks like I will have to book one year ahead right now!!

Annie...any confirmation as of yet?

I'm soooo happy!!!!! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By juneL (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 8:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'd believe it when I see it!
AJ used to be such a nice airline to fly (sigh)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1497) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That would be so awesome!!!!!!! I just hope they didn't loose too many folks because of all the trouble they are having at present! I know I will be glad to give them another chance!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2087) on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 11:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"...will service...'

When, Annie? From where stateside? And is more consistently good service than recently experienced also promised??? We don't need any airline stretching their resources just to match other's schedules

Good first news; now the nitty-gritty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob & Kobi (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We got our little birdie notice last week but had to keep quiet; holding our breath until our travel chick got "offical" confirmation. Now, we're Bonaire happy again! Looks like we're back on for Thanksgiving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob & Kobi (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did know Gov't was pressuring AJ to reopen Bonaire route. I can only imagine the stink the resorts made! I am a little worried that the AJ fleet dwindled down to just 5 Airbus'. Time for some buy backs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Mizell (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just out of curiousity, I checked the Air Jamaica website for flights from Atlanta to Bonaire. The Saturday flight is the same as it is currently, Atlanta-Jamaica-Bonaire. The Sunday flight is Atlanta-Aruba-Bonaire (first leg Delta, second leg Royal Dutch). (No Sunday return flight scheduled.) There are no Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday scheduled flights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5045) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was thinking "service" to Bonaire would mean their flight out of Montego Bay into Bonaire and not from the States, itself.

Would be nice, but I have a feeling it might just be Saturday from MB to Bonaire....don't quote me, tho, as I have absolutely no more information or knowledge than what has been posted here.

I believe AJ has lots of flights going from different parts of the States into their hub in Montego Bay and then they would offer a flight from MB to Bon....

Here's hoping! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5572) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's Saturdays in particular.

See http://www.infobonaire.com/pdf/air_jamaica.pdf

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5046) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 6:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Jake! Sounds fabulous to me. Takes a lot of stress off the old mind trying to figure out how/if we can get back to Bonaire without too much of a problem.

This is great news! Carole

PS Jake...I have not forgotten about my "annual dues/support"...it's been nuts since we have been home....will be arriving shortly. cb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1846) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 8:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I learned today Boston ain't gonna happen...it's a misconnect..BUMMER for BOS clients..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire Owner) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #338) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann- can you be more detailed..can't we get a Delta flight to MoBay in time to catch the Bonaire flight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1847) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 8:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

U may be able to take USAir to MBJ...I could not on the dates my client needs..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5048) on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would imagine AJ would be keeping their full/successful runs from some key US cities directly into MB, no? I know their Newark/EWR run is always full...can't see where they would cancel that one out. I guess lots of folks from the NY metro area fly to Jamaica for vacation and to visit relatives down there. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another note - this is Saturday service - so you really are committed for full weeks down there - its one week or two weeks etc., no 5 day trips.

Same with the Houston flights. I miss the choices, I can rarely spend the whole week there.

C

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5050) on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 6:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carl, you just HAVE to find a way to go for a full week's time each time....you HAVE to! I know you can do it. It would be a shame if you can't but I would imagine the other "possibilities" for transports to Bonaire are still in the works, right?

I'm already looking at flight availability to return to Bonaire via AJ...I think things will get better eventually...one can only hope...Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #108) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 10:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok..this all sounds great, but how many of you have missed the connection??????? If you miss the connection in MoBay on the way out you are screwed. There is no next day except maybe through Curacoa (yuck). Remember the east coast weather and the delays....not to burst anyone's bubble...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1403) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 2:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

From Boston, something like 6-7 RT flights through MB, we've never missed a connection (knock on wood!). A couple of the flights we were ON the connection, but not all of them.

We've been on flights that were delayed waiting for incoming flights with connecting passengers on board.

This has been with flights in December and February, as well as April, May and October.

Not to say it didn't or won't happen, but it isn't necessarily a given. And missed connections can happen using any airline.

Personally I'd rather be temporarily stranded in Jamaica (ok, doing the MB-Curacao-Bonaire thing would be a pain, but...) than in Houston. :-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration