BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Continental once weekly Houston-Bonaire!!!
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Continental once weekly Houston-Bonaire!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise Rozario (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 8:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take a look at this news release. Looks pretty good!!
http://www.cdnn.info/news/travel/t050627.html

Louise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By westie77 (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 3:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I tried to get sample fares from continental site and it only offers first class fares for Jan-Apr that I see. Strange...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #589) on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked on the Continental site and they have economy seats available. The fare HAS gone up, though, since we booked last week. It's now an additional $200 per ticket for our requested dates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SJ Blue (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked the Continental flights out of MCI and the price is very high. I'm thinking of AA to Cur or Aruba and then over to Bon. I can save $165 a ticket into Cur. I'm assuming even with the price of Divi Divi, it will still be cheaper. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire Owner) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #340) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 1:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I checked their pricing yesterday Boston - Bonaire. over $1,000 PP for 2/06. And it would take us about 21 hours to get there. Sure hope a direct flight starts out of the east coast. Waiting a little longer... will most likley fly AA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #308) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just checked on the Continental website for May 2006 and round trip for one Houston to Bonaire is $496, the same shows on Expedia and Travelocity. For those of us in Texas that is a good price. We paid over $700 each last year, Hope each of you can find something that is good for you. The Continental route is going to be the best for us. PBD is setting in bad! Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SJ Blue (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, July 8, 2005 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy & Dave that is a great price. I just checked Travelocity for Feb 17 - Feb 25 and the Continental price is $2524 for one!!! Trying to get a family there on this price is way out of reach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy & Dave Bartlett (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #309) on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 1:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

SJ, I just checked and for economy class it is $1489 pp on Continental and Expedia. Were you checking for 1st class? February is also high season and most of the airlines charge more during that time, also the resorts charge more. That is why we go in sometime from May thru August everything is less expensive and we get more for our money. Hopefully Continental won't go up or at least not to much before May/June of 2006. Hope you find a good price on airfare and get to go to Bonaire.
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2037) on Saturday, July 9, 2005 - 8:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked IAH - BON roundtrip for the dates Jan 20-28, price through Travelocity is $496.65, via Continental, including taxes and fees. When checking for February, the rates were similar to those mentioned earlier in this thread.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration