BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AA Flight change
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: AA Flight change
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P W (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 6:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anybody gotten a call lately from AA?

Our flight on the 11th of July has been cancelled. They said the monday and thursday flights are being cancelled. New and bigger planes maybe? They put the four us on the 10th, they had room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #742) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 7:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AA is cancelling flights now too?????? Oh my... did they give a reason? Maybe slow since it's summer? Huh...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P W (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They didn't say, just that our flight was cancelled and the thursday flights were being cancelled too. I didn't think to ask. I mentioned I thought they were going to everyday service but the agent didn't know. For us to be able to get onto a flight the day before makes me think that it probably is due to low ridership.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5548) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 10:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PW - the July 11th flight from SJU to BON still shows up in the AA system, as does the BON to SJU flight. I was able to select either of them for an itinerary on the www.aa.com...

You may want to call back and verify. It's possible the AA flight change system suffered a glitch (this happened last year too with them).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P W (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 10:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't really complain as long as we can get the additional day at Sand Dollar. We hopefully can utilize their 7 for 6 offer. We are traveling on free tickets and had tried to get the sunday flight originally but it was unavailable. I've checked our reservation on-line and it has definitely been changed (for the good) with no additional cost in miles or money. Bonaire gets a little more money from us and we get another day on the island. Good deal all around.

I've looked and you're right, our seats have shown up now open for the IAD/SJU and the SJU/BON isn't very full on any of the days. Something may be amiss but I'm not going to rock the boat as we got a good deal out of it.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration