BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonairExpress
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: BonairExpress
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tel Aviv (BonaireTalker - Post #43) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 6:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were scheduled to fly JFK-BON, but since it was on a Thursday Air Jamaica rerouted is JFK-CUR and then put us on BonairExpress CUR-BON. Luckily, our BON-JFK route remained intact because it's on a Saturday. I have been emailing BonairExpress all week asking them to please confirm our flight, but I have gotten no response. Are they always very slow at responding to emails or will I have to make an expensive call to Bonaire to solve this problem? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (BonaireTalker - Post #67) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 9:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have had times where it has taken several days to get a response from BonairExpress and other times where the response is within hours. I would suspect with the extra load and inquiries they have probably had related to Air Jamaica's terminating service to BON, their response time has increased significantly. Suggest spending the money for the call to Bonaire to talk directly. Expect several minutes of being on hold. One thought - check the rates on calls using a prepaid calling card. I believe several are in the 50cent/minute range, but don't recall which.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2294) on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 11:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Change your phone service for the month to international calling, usually about 4 dollars more, and the price of a call to bonaire plummets.
I also always use return receipts on mail to island addresses and airlines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1928) on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 10:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tel Aviv, yes, at times they are slower than we might like.

I just sent out a request to their ticketing office and received an auto-reply indicating that the new e-mail address for them is: ticketing@bonairexpress.an

The lady who always responded to my past request, was a wonderful woman named Irene. I believe Irene only works Monday - Friday.

Best of luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #277) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I feel so out of the loop. LOL What is Bonaire Express? Is it the same as Bonaire Excel? Do they fly from the USA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #278) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just did a search and they have no website.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1930) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jim, try: http://www.flyexel.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benji Beaujon (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

www.bonairexel.com =bonairexpress

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #747) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've tried both of the above web sites and draw a blank? are their servers down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (BonaireTalker - Post #70) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 12:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked (12:30 PM AST) using the bookmark I have successfully used many times in the past and indeed it does appear their server is presently down. Could not get in either. Suggest trying on a periodic basis or calling them if you are getting close to your travel dates. Unfortunately, if their server is down, their reservations system may also be down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 3:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The following BonairExpress website is operational, at least at 15:20 AST: http://www.bonairexpress.com/. The message says it is under construction, but there is a link for reservations that appears to be active. Seems they can only make reservations for travel within the next 8 months rather than 11 months like most major US carriers, at least at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gregg brewer (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #749) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Does anybody know the current schedules for BE rountrip Aruba/Bonaire? The web site only takes your info but doesn't publish the schedules

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #209) on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

2 weeks ago the schedule was the same as a year ago... subject to their daily changes of course. I don't think they've made any changes to it or cut any flights.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration