BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Maduro is Bonaire Exel's Exclusive US Agent? .NOT.
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Maduro is Bonaire Exel's Exclusive US Agent? .NOT.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip gelber (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Booked a dive trip with Maduro Dive Fantasies in Florida based on info in this group that they could get paper tix for BE.

BIG MISTAKE.

They booked us and ticketed us on a flight that had been cancelled between Curacao and Bonaire WEEKS before. Sent us tickets two days before we departed, so the paperwork was pretty fresh, too.

Many other glitches in the arrangements they made too. Sold us space in a sold-out hotel and sent two tickets to us with the same name on them.

They were less than worthless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Geoffrey (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #125) on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 11:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

After a very similar experience with them and, after having to jump through hoops to clean up their mistake ... Susan and I do not do business with Maduro.

Talk to Millie Hererra there ... she is not very helpful but more helpful than any of the other bozos. Tell her the Feldman's have not forgotten Maduro and never will. She will no doubt claim this is an "Isolated incident" ... it isn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #964) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 12:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Haven't dealt with Maduro Dive since 1998...by choice! Two times was enough! I vaguely remember posting "not so positive" feedback regarding Maduro Dive in the past. I'm sorry you didn't find it and get to read it, Philip. Best of luck to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 2:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Most of us dream about Bonaire. Unfortunately,
some of us have had Maduro nightmares.I've written previously about my nightmare (so no need to repeat it again)but I sure am glad I've woken up and again can dream about our coming Bonaire holiday this July

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greta Badstebner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #966) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 4:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Carter! Travel to/from Bonaire has been much better the last 3 times (w/o Maduro's assistance)! Being in Dallas, American Airlines has been our saving grace. It's a straight shot to San Juan and then onto Bonaire, w/o having to stop in Curacao. There's no more Miami or Atlanta stops either (unless we choose to stop over in Miami).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Travelocity is selling Aruba/Bonaire and Curacao/Bonaire tickets. I was noodling around there tonite and plugged in the airport codes and up pops a fare on Ecoair of $142. Cur/Bon and $207. AUA/Bon. I tried weekend dates in mid October. All were available. Ecoair is apparently another of Dutch Eagle Express brands. Their name popped up on the ticketing form, the one with the BUY button on it.
Has anyone tried this yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By geoff walsh (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 12:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I looked at Travelocity the other day, but got pissed off about all their extra charges. So I tried booking on the AAA web site. Got a message that a problem was detected during ticketing, and an agent will be contacting me. Won't know until after Memorial Day weekend

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #279) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

So, I'm not calling Maduro. How do you book Bonaire Excel in the USA? We have tried emailing them twice now with information for the 24th of December. No reply.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By philip gelber (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 4:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's the point.

Maduro doesn't have a clue as to which flights are running and which aren't, even a week before a trip.

The BE website is out of date beyond belief. Your options these days are Divi Divi, a private charter on Divi Divi, or American through San Juan.

It's about as bad as I've ever seen it, after 17 years of trips to Bonaire

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #200) on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:07 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Larry at www.worlddive.com can issue paper tickets for bonaire excel/express.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration