BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Customs in bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 1999-06-02 to 2001-12-31: Customs in bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard getting on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can anyone tell me what is involved in going through customs when arriving in bonaire and aruba?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not much is involved.
The Bonaire entry about the fastest and easiest customs entry I have seen anywhere. The agents are polite and move you right along.

I have been through outgoing US pre-customs screening on Aruba a couple of times. Still don't know what that's all about. Still had to go throught customs in Miami.
Clay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Deal on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unfortunately, with the growing "fame" of Aruba as a drug transfer point, the pre-customs screening there seems to be about drug interdiction. Sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard getting on Tuesday, February 22, 2000 - 8:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And what method is employed in the 'pre-customs screening'in Aruba? Is that coming from the US or going to the US?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan at Bon Bini Divers on Wednesday, February 23, 2000 - 7:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe the "pre-screening" in Aruba is for Immigration, not for Customs. That is why you normally sail right through Immigration upon arrival in Miami or Puero Rico, but still must clear Customs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clay Lansdown on Wednesday, February 23, 2000 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

>>And what method is employed in the 'pre-customs screening'in Aruba? Is that coming from the US or going to the US? <<

That's going to the US. As I recall, it involved filling out a form. See Susan's reply.

I think you are right Susan. I do seem to remember "immigration" being on the sign and a form to fill out which would have been the immigration form.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration