BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AJ flight from BWI 5/21
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: AJ flight from BWI 5/21
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Knauer (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 1:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Since I have 6 days to go, I've been checking the Delta site and got some pretty bad news about yesterday's flight from BWI to Montego Bay.

Scheduled departure was 8:35 AM and it left BWI at 10:59 PM, arrived at MBJ at 2:50 AM this morning.

What happens to those poor people? Do they get to sleep in a hotel or are they forced to sit it out at MBJ until this afternoon's flight??

Today's flight out of BWI was also delayed and hadn't left by 10:30 am... :-(

(Message edited by maryknauer on May 22, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4919) on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 2:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mary, does that flight originate out of Baltimore?? The first year we flew AJ (2000, I believe) we ended up making a "surprise" stop in Baltimore to pick up some people and then went on to MB....we had been advised it was non-stop into MB which it has been for us ever since that first trip.

I do hope they straighten out the flight for you. I would imagine they do have to put folks up for the night but it would not be too restful in that they must go thru Jamaica customs or immigration and then get shuffled to the hotel and reverse the process in the morning to get onto the next MB to Bonaire (or Curacao, possibly) flight. I wonder what happens if the next morning's Bonaire flight is booked arleady when the these folks show up?

Not fun at all....I hope AJ's nightmare stops soon and they can resume service to Bonaire again on a regular basis shortly. One can only hope....Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Knauer (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Carole,
Yes, it originates out of Baltimore. Usually pretty full every time we've gone (5 trips). I see that the flight out of Baltimore did make it to MBJ in time for the connection to Bonaire today, just wondering if there was enough room for two days worth of passengers....guess we'll hear all about it in "trip reports" in another week or so.
Oh well, by then you and I will be in paradise and won't care if we ever make it back, right??
See you at MBJ (I hope!!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4929) on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like a plan to me, Mary! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #102) on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Mary..by now I hope you didn't have trouble ... but for anyone else, this is what we have done: we fly out of BWI 4 times a year to Bonaire. Last month we flight tracked it and saw it was 2 hours late getting in the night before - meaning it will leave 2 hours late in the morning - manditory crew rest. At midnight AJ called us and quick thinking on our part, I asked if there was room on the Phila flight and if it was on time. Yes. So they re-booked us out of Phila. We got up, locked the suitcases, drove to Phila - less than an hour and a half - checked into one of the airport hotels - you can park for FREE! The flight leaves an hour earlier than Balto, giving a longer connection time. The return flt. was late into Phila and we decided to stay overnight and drive home Sunday morning. We have tickets for July which I just cancelled and rebooked on AA for less money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cathy Hamilton (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Thursday, June 2, 2005 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nadine--how did you cancel your tickets for July? Had you already paid for them? I'm really worried about our July flight, but I've paid for the tickets. Can I get a refund? Or did you just have the flights booked and not paid for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #104) on Friday, June 3, 2005 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cathy....

Yes, they were paid for. I called and told them I had to "postpone" my trip to Oct. but I understood they were no longer flying to Bonaire. They didn't have a problem refunding my money....they did offer to put me to a special department that was helping to re-book on other airlines. I just said I had my travel agent working on it. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe they really don't mind refunding money. What choice do they have?

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration