BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Bonaire Air Traffic Controllers
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Bonaire Air Traffic Controllers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Knauer (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've been wanting to post this photo for quite some time. With all the talk about getting back and forth, this seemed like the perfect forum.

Just before our departure last year, I looked out the plane window and started laughing hysterically at what I saw. I took quite a few shots and here's one of them...enjoy!

your picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2221) on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Was it near lunchtime Mary?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4900) on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 5:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did they all bail out??!! LOL!! Nice....didn't we read not too long ago that there was an "issue" with coverage in the tower...or lack of it?? I don't think I imagined that one.

Very strange shot, Mary! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Knauer (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, here's another shot that might make you feel a little better.

Perhaps these fellows are on a lunch break after running cable. Looks like there's someone in the control tower who's paying a little more attention to what's happening in the sky!

your picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4905) on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 10:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Whew! LOL. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By monte pace (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 7:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

with so few planes flying to and from Bon, they probably are bored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stewart (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #422) on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The days of local controllers looking out at International airport are probably confined to watching the hosties walking in. Every thing else is done procedurally over the radio and monitored on radar.

Dave

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration