BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: Reasonable Air Fares
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: Reasonable Air Fares
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stigaard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #385) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 9:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are trying to set up a Bonaire trip for August. We are looking for reasonable air fares from Atlanta. The best we found is $799 on AJ.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Cole (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Aruba then Bonaire Express to Bonaire. Did this last year with no problems and will be doing it again in three weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Baum (GDLW) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2664) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Or also try Curacao, and using Divi Divi air from there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 3:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We fly from Atlanta every year. We use A/A and either go thru Miami to Curacao then Divi Divi to Bonaire. Or we go thru Miami to San Juan and then direct to Bonaire. Either works for us and A/A will direct you to which flight still has open seats for Frequent Flyers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Who all are going to Bonaire on October 7,8, or 9 for the Regattha on the 12th of October 2005

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karen gaffner (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 7:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

check out itasoftware.com for airfare comparisons .we are flyin g in sept from ny on AA for $556

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 10:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Karen for the headsup re: itasoftware. Looks great. I liked being able to see the lowest fare for a 30 day period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 7:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

js have you tried priceline.com? just be careful no refunds.we're flying july30 out of ewr
es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tina M. Boring (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Tuesday, July 5, 2005 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My husband and I have hotel reservations for Oct 8 thru 15. Still looking for air. Most flights I found were double the price what we usually pay. Last night I rechecked Delta and they are now booking ATL-MBJ-BON on, you guessed it, AJ. Price is a little over $700. Not bad considering the other prices I've seen. Just not sure whether to book it now or wait and see if something better comes along. We went to BON Jun 2-11 - scheduled Delta/AJ it was a juggle. Delta rescheduled us, less than 48 hrs prior to departure, thru Aruba and booked our BE flight. Not too bad. Coming back - AJ. Flight was delayed about 50 minutes. Other than that it went okay. Had to stay overnight in ATL due to Delta cancelling flight to TYS. It all worked out. Sounds like it could have been much worse. We were prepared based on what we had been reading here. Still looking for air in Oct. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1400) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 8:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have a suggestion: if you book with Delta for that leg you're doing code-share with AJ, so why not book straight with AJ? In all the flights we've taken with AJ, I always compared the prices vs what Delta's code-shared prices were, and AJ was always cheaper. You'll be flying (or not) on AJ anyway...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1401) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 8:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked on the AJ website, and ATL-BON through MB is $613 including taxes. That's for Oct 8-15

(Message edited by susanf on July 6, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 8:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i thought aj wasn't flying to bonaire after aug2005
es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1402) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 10:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

They changed their minds. There's mention of it in the Bonaire Reporter and also elsewhere on this board.

From the Bonaire Reporter:

quote:

Bulletin (June 22, 2005) Air Jamaica changed its mind about completely stopping flights to Bonaire in August. Air Jamaica will continue to fly once a week via Montego Bay through next Spring. Check the Air Jamaica website for details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Davidson Mourillon (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Wednesday, July 6, 2005 - 1:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to indication the flights may be picked up again around November this year -

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration