BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: AE Schedule 2006??
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-06-01 to 2005-08-10: AE Schedule 2006??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1067) on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just starting to think about 2006 -- and we have no alternative to American. Does anyone know the days AE will be doing San Juan - BON schedule (and reverse) next year?

Looking forward to the ninth trip...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie
I have been "heming and hawing" with my wife for the past two months about how to go, including considering standby on employee tickets, since my son-inlaw works for AA. I just this minute bit the bullet and booked on AA for Sept. 24 2005. There are 23 out 46 total on the SJU-BON leg booked as of now. About 3 months to go.
American has changed the days they fly that route a couple of times recently. MAYBE with A J out of the picture they may try to pick up some of the slack. Next year? Hmmm. I sure don't know.
Good luck with your planning. Mickey

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Klos - ( Hamlet Bonaire Owner) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #328) on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 8:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hope that AJ is not out of the picture... Do you know something the rest of us do not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Ginocchio's @ Golden Reef Inn (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #715) on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We are also saddened by AJ not flying to Bonaire anymore. We have flown them for the last 6 years. I must say though, it seems that the best route will be a local US carrier to Aruba or Curacao then Divi or BE to Bonaire. Best of luck to all!

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chet Wood (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #570) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 7:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Josie!
Unfortunately, if several years of past experiences means anything, even AE does not know what their schedules will be next year. Usually, their schedules have changed several times between when we buy our tickets in mid/late- summer and actually fly in late February. Almost every year for the past 4 or 5, we've had to either change the fly-down day or the return home day at least once after we bought the tickets. Also, note that AE/AA have NEVER sent us a notice of the flight schedule changes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #473) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had AA/AE connections out of DFW, going AA from DFW through MIA to CUR at the end of June. Our CUR/BON leg is Divi, and I've never experienced their service, so I hope that connection works.
I was informed recently by AA that the BON/SJU flight July 12 we were confirmed on is no longer running. They did not office alternatives. I was able to confirm AA back through CUR/MIA/DFW. I'm still waiting for a reply to my email to Divi about getting from BON/CUR for the connection.
If anyone knows someone at Divi, please ask them to help.
My info from AA is that AE will no longer service BON/SJU. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #294) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 9:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just talked to American. The agent went to AA's Market changes area and did not find any changes to the San Juan - Bonaire AE Flights. She told me that what I am finding on AA.com is factual info at this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5451) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jan,

Calling Divi works better - try 011-599-9-888-1050. It usually takes them about 24-36 hours to respond by mail.

As far as the schedule change via Miami - make sure they put a note in your record as to why the change was made in case American steps up to the plate and increases their flight frequency to cover July 12th (a Tuesday) once again (they would be foolish not to, IMHO, with the AJ cancellations).

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #295) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 11:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just booked 2 tickets at AA.com for September so the San Juan/Bonaire Flights on AE, at least for the dates I am flying, are still scheduled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1557) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greetings all, Just booked a trip for latter part of August to Bonaire from Phila to San Juan and then to Bonaire for $623. Not bad and I hope all stays well with American as that is my choice for this trip as AJ is not working at that time. Keeping fingers crossed that American can handle the overflow. Debbie :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5453) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all,

I just got the following via the Bonaire EZ News (http://comet.sparklist.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=bonaireeznews):

American Eagle Adds Service to Bonaire

Beginning July 2, 2005 and continuing until September 6, 2005 American Eagle will operate daily to Bonaire. American Eagle flight #5054 will depart San Juan every day at 5:50 p.m. arriving into Bonaire at 7:58 p.m. The return flight to San Juan, flight #5055, will depart Bonaire each day at 8:00 a.m. arriving into San Juan at 10:05 a.m. Until July 2nd American Eagle will operate five round-trip flights per week between San Juan and Bonaire. American Eagle uses a 64-seat Super ATR 72 – Super ATR airplane for these flights.

For more information call 1-800-433-7300 or visit http://www.aa.com.
No idea what happens after September 6th though (but would love to know as I need to book some tickets myself for October...)

Jan - for you this means that your July 12th flight from Bonaire via SJU is back on the map, I think...

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Goodman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #152) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just checked for Feb06 to arrive on a Friday & depart on either a Sat or Sun and I'm getting fare quotes.

While I'm not an American fan & I just hate the idea of paying for a hotel room that I need to vacate at 6am (& can't dive the day before I travel!), I may bite the bullet and book this one-stop trip, rather than worry about buying separate tickets if there are connection problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marcus L. Barnes (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #297) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake: The tickets I just booked on AA.com were for 17 and 24 September 05 through San Juan to Bonaire and back so, at least for now, AE has flights scheduled past 6 September 05.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5454) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 1:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah - I just checked dates for the first half of October and it appears SJU-BON is flying Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and thus BON-SJU on Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1068) on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 8:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

According to AA, the days Jake indicated are still what they show for next year. We've booked based on these, so if anyone hears of changes, let us know here. Thanks,
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jan angier (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #474) on Saturday, May 14, 2005 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've decided to stick with my commitment on Divi. I just received confirmation from Danielle at Divi via email, so we're set CUR/BON/CUR to connect with the AA flighs.
Besides, I've kind of lost trust in the AA/AE connections since they've changed schedules on us. I'm concerned that they will be changing schedules like underwear, and that we could be left scrambling again. It's hard when you try to make arrangements far in advance, and just hope they don't have a change of heart.
The previous AE out to SJU was a tough exit, leaving at 6AM with an "at the airport" by 4AM. That's a rough wake up call and rental car return. It wouldn't surprise me for AE to shift the current 8AM departure back to 6.
So, we'll let AA carry us DFW/MIA/CUR and give our business to the locals for the CUR/BON/CUR. Wish us luck.
Jan

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration