BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting to Bonaire: BonaireExpress Quirks in Curacao
Bonaire Talk: Getting to Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999-2005: Archives - 2005-01-01 to 2005-05-01: BonaireExpress Quirks in Curacao
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Bucklin (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 3:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We traveled through Curacao on BonaireExpress and found some interesting QUIRKS. We had one hour to connect and that is NOT enough time, considering Island Time. We also had E-Tickets purchased on their website. When we got to their ticket counter to check luggage etc... we were told that we had to go to the BonaireExpress ticket office in the airport get tickets, because our e-mail confirmation receipt wouldn't work. This took about 45 minutes and then back to the ticket counter to wait in line again. So we spent from 3:30 to 7 in the airport bar waiting to leave. A few Amstel's later we were much happier.

Also check and recheck your times of departure from Bonaire, they change daily and hourly so it seems.

We will say that they took all of our luggage and didn't weigh or charge us any extras.

All and all they are pretty good, as long as you know the rules.

Hopefully this will help others out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Myers (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #116) on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 6:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am going to be one of the others on May 1st. I'm flying from Aruba instead of Curacao; hopefully the same rules will apply. I especially hope the same overweight rules apply!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration